SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Apr 4, 2022 at 3:03 AM Post #1,741 of 16,368
There’s a new AKM DAC chip. Wonder if it will make its way into Sony DMP-Z1M2 or something?

Interestingly they talked about trailing sound/decay in the AKM video which the 1ZM2 does the same.

Apr 4, 2022 at 3:09 AM Post #1,742 of 16,368
Last edited:
Apr 4, 2022 at 3:11 AM Post #1,743 of 16,368
EMS may take an extra week. Have been experiencing similar delays on my express packages.

Which screen protector did you order? Currently searching for one, but there doesn't seem to much of a range to choose from atm.

The original WM1 had some nice glass protectors like this DragontrailX one: https://www.biccamera.com/bc/item/3549905/
...and loads here: https://www.amazon.co.jp/s?k=nw-wm1am2+screen+protector&crid=28CJW547DVK7F&sprefix=nw-wm1am2+screen+protector,aps,471&ref=nb_sb_noss

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2022 at 3:11 AM Post #1,744 of 16,368
I know this question is not really appropriate for this thread but, do you happen to use a normal 5.0v 2.0a charger for both your WM1Z and M2 daps?
I use Anker 30w usb-pd charger along side anker 18w 10000mah usb-pd power bank for my ZX507 and future WM1AM2.

Apr 4, 2022 at 3:26 AM Post #1,745 of 16,368
Totally bummed out...ordered mine, was shipped on the 25th via japan post ems. it still has not arrived, and I have no idea when it's going to get here. The seller told me 3-5 days, but I'm still waiting and USPS only shows it left japan, but apparently it hasn't arrived to the US, the anticipation is killing me. i've ordered a screen protector for it, a 1tb sd card, the walkman remote, empire ears odin, and the ifi diablo (to drive hungrier headphones) all in anticipation and i've received everything but the wm1zm2...this totally sucks!!!
EMS takes up to a month now ever since the pandemic

Apr 4, 2022 at 4:16 AM Post #1,748 of 16,368
Personally, I've been sticking with slow charging 1500mA and under to preserve battery longevity. Plan to do so with the 1ZM2.

It's the device that will draw as much current it needs, and not the charger forcefully pushing current into the player, so you should make sure you're using a charger capable of providing at least the current required by the player (that the player will draw from the charger).

Example: you have a charger capable of providing 5V at 2A. The device you're charging is rated for 5V 1A. The device will draw only 5V 1A from the charger. If you'll use a 5V 500mA charger, the device will try drawing 5V 1A, which the charger is not made for, so you're actually overloading the charger, which may either shut down and not charge, or it will run a bit too hot.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2022 at 4:27 AM Post #1,749 of 16,368
It's the device that will draw as much current it needs, and not the charger forcefully pushing current into the player, so you should make sure you're using a charger capable of providing at least the current required by the player (that the player will draw from the charger).

Example: you have a charger capable of providing 5V at 2A. The device you're charging is rated for 5V 1A. The device will draw only 5V 1A from the charger. If you'll use a 5V 500mA charger, the device will try drawing 5V 1A, which the charger is not made for, so you're actually overloading the charger, which may either shut down and not charge, or it will run a bit too hot.
true. as it is the case when for example charging laptops etc.

Apr 4, 2022 at 6:03 AM Post #1,754 of 16,368
Is Sony not going to make screen protectors for these new models?!
They did it for the ZX300, ZX500 and WM1 series.
I was hoping to buy theirs, they are very good
I actually did notice that Musashino Label has screen protectors planned for these new models. Not sure if they are available to pre-order/purchase yet though. They do have them listed on the website: http://www.cmpg.co.jp/musashino/product/nwwm2/for_nwwm2.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back