SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
May 8, 2024 at 10:39 AM Post #15,616 of 15,629
One thing I noticed (and like) about Sony's products is that they barely get any 'full review' from Youtube reviewers, while they receive much love from Head-fi community. Not sure if it is marketing related or not but surely they went under the radar to many people due to very few youtube reviews. They are like a lowkey cool dude in the class who almost tops every subject but barely communicate to other people :yum:

This thread has gone over 1k pages and has no sign of cooling down, not to mention multiple threads of the predecessors. Of course with fewer product releases comes with more posts in fewer threads, but that still shows the well deserved love this community gives to their products regardless.

May 8, 2024 at 10:55 AM Post #15,617 of 15,629
One thing I noticed (and like) about Sony's products is that they barely get any 'full review' from Youtube reviewers, while they receive much love from Head-fi community. Not sure if it is marketing related or not but surely they went under the radar to many people due to very few youtube reviews. They are like a lowkey cool dude in the class who almost tops every subject but barely communicate to other people :yum:

This thread has gone over 1k pages and has no sign of cooling down, not to mention multiple threads of the predecessors. Of course with fewer product releases comes with more posts in fewer threads, but that still shows the well deserved love this community gives to their products regardless.
Well no samples given to YouTube reviewer unless some subscriber of theirs send it to them.

May 8, 2024 at 11:36 AM Post #15,619 of 15,629

There are a lot in Japan.

May 8, 2024 at 12:48 PM Post #15,620 of 15,629

There are two kinds of audio companies. Those that care what people like Crinacle say, and those that don’t or don’t even know they exist.

May 9, 2024 at 4:55 AM Post #15,621 of 15,629

More than half the posts in this thread are by one username so take the number of pages with a pinch of salt.

Last edited:
May 9, 2024 at 5:24 AM Post #15,624 of 15,629
There are two kinds of audio companies. Those that care what people like Crinacle say, and those that don’t or don’t even know they exist.
I know that guy but I in a camp that not interested all his graph thingy. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a hater but feel that sound cannot be judged by graph alone. The most funny thing is that guy mentioned he put off some iems just by looking at the graph 😂
Graph is a 2D thing and can never tell you how wide or narrow in soundstage, bass decay, holographic sound etc. Nowadays there are bone conductor drivers that such device can't even captured on the graph.

May 9, 2024 at 5:28 AM Post #15,625 of 15,629
I know that guy but I in a camp that not interested all his graph thingy. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a hater but feel that sound cannot be judged by graph alone. The most funny thing is that guy mentioned he put off some iems just by looking at the graph 😂
Graph is a 2D thing and can never tell you how wide or narrow in soundstage, bass decay, holographic sound etc. Nowadays there are bone conductor drivers that such device can't even captured on the graph.
If you have a 2pin IEM, just reverse its polarity by inverting the cable and it will have a very noticeable change in the bass, yet it will graph the same. Objectivists btfo’d.

May 9, 2024 at 5:29 AM Post #15,626 of 15,629
I’m only recently owner of the WM1ZM2 , and personally this DAP literally wiped me out , with its sound . You don't need too many technical words to describe that musical sound so superb .

May 9, 2024 at 5:31 AM Post #15,627 of 15,629
I’m only recently owner of the WM1ZM2 , and personally this DAP literally wiped me out , with its sound . You don't need too many technical words to describe that musical sound so superb .
Best sounding DAP imo especially with Audio Technica ATH-IEX1! 😍

May 9, 2024 at 9:36 AM Post #15,628 of 15,629
More than half the posts in this thread are by one username so take the number of pages with a pinch of salt.
Isn’t he the same person who created optimization guide for Walkman and suggested SD cards, tweaks and its impact on Walkman. Even though controversial for few but his contribution has been immense to this Walkman community here on head-fi.

May 9, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #15,629 of 15,629
Pretty sure the original WM1Z thread was closed down by moderators due to an outbreak of personal infighting. Let's learn from history for once....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back