Sony NW-HD3
Dec 10, 2004 at 11:44 AM Post #106 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by mavis
It seems that SonicStage 2.3 will only install on Japanese Windows ... The unit itself can switch between several languages (including English, of course) but the software will only install on Japanese OS. What.

man that's a real bummer.... hope the eng version of the sonicstage will work with the hd3 too...

Dec 10, 2004 at 11:55 AM Post #107 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by mirage
man that's a real bummer.... hope the eng version of the sonicstage will work with the hd3 too...

Well, the installer is almost finished downloading the required files - it should be done in about 15 minutes. Also, SS on my wife's computer JUST NOW finished transfering all of my music to the HD3, so I'm about to try it out for the first time.

It is now 8:55pm, and I connected the HD3 to her computer at about 7:20pm. That's about an hour and a half, for a 10GB, 2100 song library.
rolleyes.gif

Dec 10, 2004 at 1:30 PM Post #109 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
Any localised version of Sonicstage 2.3 will work with the HD3. I have / have had absolutely no problems downloading 2.3 from Mora and I'm on the other side of the world.

Unfortunately that's not true. I just tried it (installed 2.2, upgraded to 2.3) and when I connect my HD3 I get an error message telling me that 'this atrac player is not supported by this version of SonicStage.' This is only part of the nightmare this HD3 has turned out to be, the rest of which I'm detailing in my review, which should be up within an hour or so ...
wink.gif

(in other words, if you haven't ordered the HD3 yet, hold off for an hour before doing so!!!!!)

Dec 10, 2004 at 3:14 PM Post #110 of 122
I appreciate your comments mavis, keep them coming. Also, if the HD3 doesn't cook you brew you a good pot and flip you some jacks, fly me out there and I'll make you breakfast all week!
wink.gif

Dec 10, 2004 at 5:11 PM Post #111 of 122
Quote:

Unfortunately that's not true. I just tried it (installed 2.2, upgraded to 2.3) and when I connect my HD3 I get an error message telling me that 'this atrac player is not supported by this version of SonicStage.' This is only part of the nightmare this HD3 has turned out to be, the rest of which I'm detailing in my review, which should be up within an hour or so ...
wink.gif

(in other words, if you haven't ordered the HD3 yet, hold off for an hour before doing so!!!!!)

Where did you get 2.3 (English, I presume)?

Dec 10, 2004 at 6:17 PM Post #112 of 122
Quote:

wink.gif

i was just wondering if the sonicstage meant for a md player will work with the hd1/3 as well or are there other "versions" meant for the hdd/flash players from sony?

Dec 11, 2004 at 3:43 AM Post #114 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
http://www.minidisct.com/forum/showt...Sonicstage+2.3

Doesn't support connect because it's asian though.

And still doesn't support the HD3, because it's not Japanese
wink.gif

I think that's the version I got - I donwloaded from here , which is a Korean/Chinese/English version - just like the one linked to in the forum.

Dec 11, 2004 at 4:16 AM Post #115 of 122
Man...Sony could screw up a two man parade....

Dec 11, 2004 at 4:31 AM Post #116 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottder
Man...Sony could screw up a two man parade....

No doubt.

I just got off the phone with Sony support here in Japan, and the guys basically told me that the firmware on my Japanese HD3 will most likely be different from that of the UK version, etc - so basically, he doesn't know if the player will EVER work with an English version of SonicStage. Of course, I won't know for sure until the English version is finally released ... Do you guys think it would be possble to download the English version SS 2.3 installer?

Dec 11, 2004 at 5:00 AM Post #117 of 122
Actually, here's a better question.

I've got SonicStage 2.3.00.11020 installed on my wife's computer (Japanese) and the exact same version/build installed on my computer, in English. What files do I need to copy over from her computer to mine to allow the HD3 to work? I've tried copying the NWWMUSB.sys over from her computer to mine, and I still get an error message (yet, Windows is displaying the correct information about the HD3 in the removable drive properties) ...

Any ideas?

Dec 11, 2004 at 7:31 AM Post #118 of 122
Wow...this thing sound very interesting. I will be transiting in Narita, Japan within 2 weeks....so I might spend my money too. Anyway, this is a good move from Sony. I couldn't believe it took them that long to figure it out!! Great...

Dec 11, 2004 at 1:23 PM Post #119 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk
Wow...this thing sound very interesting. I will be transiting in Narita, Japan within 2 weeks....so I might spend my money too. Anyway, this is a good move from Sony. I couldn't believe it took them that long to figure it out!! Great...

What's a good move? Broken software? Crappy formats?
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 11, 2004 at 5:10 PM Post #120 of 122
Quote:

What's a good move? Broken software? Crappy formats?

Well the good move is to allow MP3 playback. I would love to hear the Sony players in comparison to others. Mp3, Atrac3plus and all compression are acceptable to my ears, again, we just want some tunes on the go.

Purk
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back