Sony NW-HD3 Network Walkman Review (Long + Pictures!)
Apr 18, 2005 at 4:04 AM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by DigDub
dsc001558as.jpg
biggrin.gif

Right, forgot about that pic from the huge post about Portable Rigs.
icon10.gif

Apr 18, 2005 at 5:53 AM Post #17 of 24
I find that hard to believe. I've done plenty of testing and the custom eq does NOT affect mp3's. Leave a flat digital eq activated, start playing an mp3, and while it's playing, go into custom eq, crank all the levels and activate it. You won't hear anything change.

The reason this is a half-ass implementation is not because of the digital eq itself, but the way it's thrown in there for the mp3s. Now, if I want to use a custom eq for ATRAC, I can. However, it means the mp3s will always play flat (until I change the settings again). So, we're basically forced to use the digital eq since it will affect both ATRAC and mp3s. This was just plain dumb, but that's typical Sony for you.

Apr 18, 2005 at 2:07 PM Post #18 of 24
i've tried using vaio music transfer to transfer some mp3 to the hd3. the VR-SUR and 6 band EQ does not have an effect on the sound. only the Digital Sound Preset have an effect.
cool.gif

May 15, 2005 at 11:31 PM Post #20 of 24
Hey all, I just bought a NW-HD3 on the internet and I was wondering what headphones come with the player, is it the set that is in the pic above?
confused.gif
. Im just asking because in all the pictures I have seen of the NW-HD3 none have shown me the headphones.
etysmile.gif

Thnx

May 16, 2005 at 9:52 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by the.sorrow.
Hey all, I just bought a NW-HD3 on the internet and I was wondering what headphones come with the player, is it the set that is in the pic above?
confused.gif
. Im just asking because in all the pictures I have seen of the NW-HD3 none have shown me the headphones.
etysmile.gif

Thnx

the earphones that are provided does not have a model name on them. but i believe it is the mdr-931lp

http://www.minidisc.com.au/images/mdre931lp.jpg

May 16, 2005 at 5:20 PM Post #22 of 24
further to the remote compatibility thing posted in mavis' HD3 review (which i can't find). i tested the RM-MC33L and everything seems to work apart from the screen.

will post mapping/button details if anyone wants them.

May 21, 2005 at 4:26 AM Post #23 of 24
Great review.
I also have a hd3 and am very happy with it. I have a problem tho. Recently my computer died, taking with it all my music collection. I was wondering if there is any way that i can get the music back off the hd3. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back