Sony NW-HD3 (full review)
Jul 30, 2005 at 1:34 PM Post #856 of 860
I bought a NW HD3 in December 2004. I found it very unsatisfactory in operation - the interface is very user unfriendly. Nonetheless, I perservered.

In April, it died. I returned it to the retailer who would not replace it, but insisted on returning it to Sony for repair. Three weeks later, it arrived back in working order.

Yesterday, it failed again. This time, it is a hard disk fault. Once again, the retailer has returned it to Sony - another three or four weeks to go.

Has anyone else had reliability problems with this. I had thought of upgrading to NW HD5 but am now having second thoughts.

Jul 30, 2005 at 4:51 PM Post #857 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by epzcaw
I bought a NW HD3 in December 2004. I found it very unsatisfactory in operation - the interface is very user unfriendly. Nonetheless, I perservered.

In April, it died. I returned it to the retailer who would not replace it, but insisted on returning it to Sony for repair. Three weeks later, it arrived back in working order.

Yesterday, it failed again. This time, it is a hard disk fault. Once again, the retailer has returned it to Sony - another three or four weeks to go.

Has anyone else had reliability problems with this. I had thought of upgrading to NW HD5 but am now having second thoughts.

I suppose thats the downside of HD daps. Having said that, my HD3 is a-ok. The HD5? Apart from the chance of the buttons cracking, its a decent buy. But given Sony's track record of a six monthly DAP release....wait till Xmas for the HD6
biggrin.gif

Sep 9, 2005 at 3:22 PM Post #858 of 860
Dunno who's interested, but did you know SS3.2 allows ATRAC3Plus 192kbps transfer to the HD3?

Beforehand you could only transfer ATRAC3Plus in 64 or 256. I wish they'd add the ability to transfer at 128 however.

They also now allow importing from CD in 96, 128, 168, 192 and 320.

As I write this, I'm transferring 240 albums to my HD3. They were all imported from CD at 256kbps, but I'm converting them during the transfer to 192kbps. The downside is that it'll take about 14 hours!
eek.gif

At least I can fit more than 200 albums on my HD3 now - at decent enough quality. 64kbps just doesn't cut it.

Dec 14, 2005 at 11:52 PM Post #859 of 860
just curious as to peoples opinions on the reverse screen. so i take it that, say normally, its blue with black letters and then with the light off its black with blue letters. would anyone have a picture of the screen on reverse? there was one on here but it was taken down.
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back