Sony NW-HD3 (full review)
Jan 15, 2005 at 8:57 PM Post #271 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beech
Ordered my NW-HD3 (black) today. However, a review at Amazon suggested I may need some new phones . . .

I also found some pictures for the Red fans . . .

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000143026253

Beech

Ah, crap. I just ordered some Sony MDR-EX71SL
rolleyes.gif

Jan 16, 2005 at 4:06 AM Post #272 of 860
Well, i've had my NW-HD3 for a few days. Must say i'm impressed, the battery is excellent, sound quality is impressive and the weight/size is sweet.

Also, to the people claiming it's too quiet, by adjusting the Sound to Digital Sound Preset and customising it - you notice a huge volume increase.... Perfect!

At the moment, problems are basically:

UI - not that bad, just need to get used to the speed of the scroller!
Startup time - when it turns off, it does..... so you have to wait afew seconds for music to recommence!

One ultra nice feature is the ability to turn off the internal battery... no need to wear it down/let it run down!

Excellent overall, worth ditching my iPod for!

Jan 16, 2005 at 9:31 AM Post #273 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beech
Ordered my NW-HD3 (black) today. However, a review at Amazon suggested I may need some new phones . . .

I also found some pictures for the Red fans . . .

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000143026253

Beech

OH MY !!! Thats beautiful. The red player is sexy as hell. Very nice RED color.

Can anybody who has got the HD3 post pictures in this forum, that would be great.

Jan 16, 2005 at 1:31 PM Post #277 of 860
Wow Great !! PICS you guys. This is sooooo HARD !!.

Should I go for the RED or the BLACK one ??. Both are beautiful. But in the other end you GOT HD1 which offers a Service update from middle of JANUARY aka very soon. I REALLY DONT KNOW WHICH ONE I WANT. AARGGGHH
icon10.gif

I think the HD1 is the most elegant and cool player out there. But thats my opinion.

Jan 17, 2005 at 4:34 PM Post #280 of 860
I have a little question. Can you put things like Word-, Excel-, Video-, ... ? I mean must SonicStage be installed for this, or is it possible without?

I hope you unterstand my question...
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2005 at 4:40 PM Post #281 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schakal
My opinion (I have a zen xtra and first I wanted to buy the zen touch):

Zen touch:
+ cheap
+ sound (But the sound of the sony is great too)

- (much) too big
- too heavy
- you can't use it as an "external hardrive" (don't now how you say in English
rolleyes.gif
)
- SonicStage ist better...
- No skip protection (Its important for me -> jogging,...)

+/- etc

SonicStage is better? SonicStage has to be the worst music management program I have ever used. I like Sony, I have a Vaio, HAD a NW-HD1 (took it back because of the atrocious software I had to use for it), and generaly every other electronic device I own is Sony. Creative's software is by no means good, but it is much more functional then SonicStage IMHO.

Jan 17, 2005 at 5:17 PM Post #282 of 860
Quote:

I have a little question. Can you put things like Word-, Excel-, Video-, ... ? I mean must SonicStage be installed for this, or is it possible without?

biggrin.gif

yes

i works as an external HD, through windows explorer. Plug and Play, you drop files into it

Jan 17, 2005 at 6:16 PM Post #284 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by Underdog311
SonicStage is better? SonicStage has to be the worst music management program I have ever used. I like Sony, I have a Vaio, HAD a NW-HD1 (took it back because of the atrocious software I had to use for it), and generaly every other electronic device I own is Sony. Creative's software is by no means good, but it is much more functional then SonicStage IMHO.

Firstly, I'll admit that I haven't really used any other music management software before, but what is it about SonicStage that is SO bad?

The biggest complaint seems to be that it's unintuitive. Sorry, but if people need anything more than a few minutes to figure out SonicStage, then there's something missing within the old grey matter.

Jan 17, 2005 at 7:51 PM Post #285 of 860
Quote:

biggrin.gif

just plug it into ANY computer, and it pops up as an external hard drive! just like Sphinx89 pointed out. store any files with this method as you may see your wills and imaginations go by and beyond!!!

a really sneaky way to steal your mates' tunes is to use WinZip. add ur music files to a zip file and put the zip file onto the HD3 instead of the MP3/ATRAC files themselves, as the HD3 can't play/copyright zip files. when you get home, just unzip the zipped files onto your comp and et voila!

not sure that this trick works with the Sony, but everyone at college does it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back