Sony NW-HD3 (full review)
Jan 13, 2005 at 7:55 PM Post #242 of 860
headjack6mv.jpg

My NW-HD3B comes tomorrow! yey....

Any ideas if the above remote connection would work on the HD3?

Jan 13, 2005 at 8:17 PM Post #243 of 860
Hy, I'm new here. I'm a Swiss and my English isn't very good....
biggrin.gif
Excuse me...

@Xell
The remote connection works on the NW-HD3 (but... sony)

I have also a question: I don't know witch colour of the NW-HD3 I should take. I'm very interested in the red one. But I'm a little bit scared that it looks too female (colour for girls). Has someone the red NW-HD3? What does it look like? Is its colour similar to the photos I can see on the Internet?
confused.gif

If someone could show me some pictures it would be very nice...

Thanks

Michael

Jan 13, 2005 at 8:23 PM Post #244 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xell
headjack6mv.jpg

My NW-HD3B comes tomorrow! yey....

Any ideas if the above remote connection would work on the HD3?

Yes, that connection shouyld work, as there is the headphone jack, with that type of socket (line out?) next to it

and the buttons arnt really like the joystick, but they feel right, being in a circle, your hand can move around it very easily, with the play/stop button in the middle

Jan 13, 2005 at 8:33 PM Post #246 of 860
Well, yeah, i find it so. I have it in group mode all the time so its fairly easy.
The functions:

Up/Down arrow: scrolls through collection, and when to play a song and press up or down, it shows the album view.

mode button: Changes viewing mode, group, artist, genre and album. When playing music, pressing it will take you back to the main view. And in the main view, holding it for 2 seconds will take you back to now playing

Volume: Obvious really, can be used in any view

Menu: Obviously takes you to the menu. holding it turns the unit off

Skip forward/back: When vewing music, takes you through the heirachy, eg, pressing skip forward:group > song, or Artist> Album > Song etc
In now playing, press once or multiple times to skip through songs, or hold to fast forward or rewind at about 10 seconds to every 1 second real time

Play/Stop: Just plays or stops a track
if pressed from group view, plays the whole group from the beginning

sorry if that makes no sense at all
icon10.gif

Jan 13, 2005 at 8:39 PM Post #247 of 860
Schakal and Sphinx89, i'm not sure, but the connection on the pic is on a awai remote - it has 5 metal bits/prongs. My old sony one for a MD player has 4 metal bits/prongs. Do either of you know if the jack is for a 4 or 5 prong remote?

Sorry if i made no sense!

[edit] nevermind [/edit]

Jan 13, 2005 at 9:29 PM Post #249 of 860
Quote:

I'm planning on buying one of these (USB Battery Charger):
http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp...-BATTERYPACK-N

I made a ghetto battery pack for my iPod using firewire, but i need one that uses USB.

I assume the NW-HD3 charges off USB... right?

Why would you bother? The need for an external battery pack on long flights was the primary driver for me ditching my iPOD and getting an HD1. I can now fly Australia to San Francisco on one charge on the HD1, whereas the iPOD was hopeless lasting 6 hours maximum, thereby requiring me to carry the bulky Belkin battery pack..

Jan 13, 2005 at 9:43 PM Post #250 of 860
Quote:

Schakal and Sphinx89, i'm not sure, but the connection on the pic is on a awai remote - it has 5 metal bits/prongs. My old sony one for a MD player has 4 metal bits/prongs. Do either of you know if the jack is for a 4 or 5 prong remote?

Sorry if i made no sense!

[edit] nevermind [/edit]

*shines laser pen inside*

looks to me like a 4 bit/prong socket

and, yes, it can charge from USB

Jan 13, 2005 at 9:53 PM Post #251 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashgordonv
Why would you bother? The need for an external battery pack on long flights was the primary driver for me ditching my iPOD and getting an HD1. I can now fly Australia to San Francisco on one charge on the HD1, whereas the iPOD was hopeless lasting 6 hours maximum, thereby requiring me to carry the bulky Belkin battery pack..

I'm travelling for 6 months... a week spent on a glacier.... AC socket out there? Go figure :p

Thanks for the shining and the looking...... i'm looking forward to it... hands are all clammy!
biggrin.gif

Jan 13, 2005 at 10:03 PM Post #252 of 860
Quote:

I'm travelling for 6 months... a week spent on a glacier.... AC socket out there? Go figure :p

Thanks for the shining and the looking...... i'm looking forward to it... hands are all clammy!
biggrin.gif

Lol, although some light might have reflected of a prong and temporarily blinded me
eek.gif

and yeah, my hands were really clammy when i was unwrapping it that it kept flying out of my hands like a wet fish
icon10.gif

Jan 14, 2005 at 12:11 AM Post #253 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schakal
Hy, I'm new here. I'm a Swiss and my English isn't very good....
biggrin.gif
Excuse me...

@Xell
The remote connection works on the NW-HD3 (but... sony)

I have also a question: I don't know witch colour of the NW-HD3 I should take. I'm very interested in the red one. But I'm a little bit scared that it looks too female (colour for girls). Has someone the red NW-HD3? What does it look like? Is its colour similar to the photos I can see on the Internet?
confused.gif

If someone could show me some pictures it would be very nice...

Thanks

Michael

YES !!! Please Someone !!. I also want the RED one. And the Pictures looks great, but does anybody in here got the RED one !! Please post some pictures

Jan 14, 2005 at 10:15 AM Post #254 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by luremus17
YES !!! Please Someone !!. I also want the RED one. And the Pictures looks great, but does anybody in here got the RED one !! Please post some pictures

i had the red version demo'd to me in the shops!

it looks really vibrant. the blue backlight really contrasts with the player. it also looks and feels 'warm'. i reckon it might be a unisex colour that anyone may use without fear.

if you wear some red, or if your favourite colour is red, go for it. if you want a 'strictly male-only' version go for another colour (ie. black).

Jan 14, 2005 at 10:22 AM Post #255 of 860
blink.gif
Another burning question...

i have a DSC-P12 CyberShot camera. when i'm away, i tend to take photos at 5 Megapixels and it seems to fill up the 256Mb Memory Stick rather quickly.

can you directly sync Sony devices with the HD1 or HD3 ??? ...or is a VAIO Pocket a better option for me...

it looks a bit strange, but still looks awesome if you know what i mean. check out siliconpopculture.com's review on it. read the initial review first, then the review with the new firmware installed. it will make more sense that way.

thank for all hekp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back