Sony NW-HD1 + Playlists
Apr 17, 2005 at 8:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

truffles

Head-Fier
Hey all,

I'm sure this has been discussed thoroughly somewhere in the 41 pages of the HD3 thread... but I tried doing a quick search, and I nothing answered my question.

So, I'm already sorry in advanced if this has been asked before... ~ would really appreciate it if anyone could help me out.

Well, I am considering buying an used HD1 w/out the MP3 upgrade. Not sure if its worth the extra $$ to upgrade. Everything about this player seems perfect to me except I'm not exactly sure how playlists/groups work. I already use SS 3.0 for my MD Player and so far it's working supurb.

My real favour is, could anyone explain how Groups are created?

Could Groups only be created at the same time when you first transfer the songs/albums?

Would it be possible to Group existing songs that are already on the player?

If you have songs in a Group, would they still show up on the main Artist/Album list?

How many # of Groups are you limited to ?

What I really want is... instead of selective songs made into a mix... I just want the ability to throw in multiple albums that have been already transfered onto the player into one Group and shuffle play em.

I'm not sure if any of that junk above made sense to you all... but if anyone has anything to add or say, please feel free to reply. Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks,
~ truffles

Apr 17, 2005 at 9:13 AM Post #2 of 3
This info is relative to the HD3, but im sure it applies to HD1 too.
In answer to one of your questions, Groups are only the root of tracks.
What i mean, is that you cannot go from Group>Album>Track.

Only Group>Tracks

This is becuase Groups can only hold tracks. If you want to see the albums, you will have to switch mode, to album.

I also find this tedious, as i would like to go, for an example of one of my complimations:

Bonkers>Bonkers Disc 1>Tracks
--------Bonkers Disc 2>Tracks
--------Bonkers Disc 3>Tracks
--------Bonkers Disc 4>Tracks

But, in group mode, i have to have them all in a list, like:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...lle/Groups.jpg

Apr 17, 2005 at 4:35 PM Post #3 of 3
i think Groups is the folder containing the music files you transferred.

for example: i import into SS, the folder "Folder 1" which contains "a.mp3" and so on. on your player under Groups, this would come up as "Folder 1" > "a.mp3" and so on.

i actually prefer groups because the order on the player is the date of transfer. this means i know that my recently transferred songs are at the bottom of the list.

i'm not sure if you can group existing songs on the player, i think this is playlisting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back