Sony nw-a45 vs Cayin n3
Oct 8, 2018 at 9:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Glenzee

New Head-Fier
I considered the hiby r3, shanling 0, ibasso 120, hidizs ap60 ii and ap80... I think I like the ibasso, but loses for no wifi, bt, aptx or ldac...

Help decide: I think I'm set on the Sony a45. I like its features, design and interface. They only real downside is the Sony cable connector. The N3 interface is kinda meh, but I like its formfactor/physical design and it wins with the usb-c, but no ldac.

I'd appreciate any input.

Oct 9, 2018 at 1:57 AM Post #2 of 3
Get the new NW-A55. It can be used as bluetooth DAC. The form factor and interface are nice. Very stable :)

Oct 17, 2018 at 6:51 AM Post #3 of 3
I have the N3. I don't recommend it. Don't get me wrong, it works as advertised. But the UI is pretty awkward if you're used to touchscreens. It has a USB-C port, but it's a non-standard USB 2.0 implementation. I haven't found a way to disable charging when it is plugged into a computer as a USB DAC, so using it in that role places unnecessary stress on the battery.

The device is extremely versatile, and can play pretty much any role in the microSD card reader to headphone amp chain, or the Bluetooth receiver to the headphone amp chain. It's a fantastic device in terms of functionality. But the user experience isn't there. I don't enjoy using it. I'm glad it's a backup device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back