Sony NS755V at 179.99?
Sep 28, 2002 at 9:55 PM Post #2 of 8
The NS775V is the new progressive scan version of the NS500V. Should be a great player, both for sound and video. And the lowest I've seen it is at around $225, so that'd definitely be a good price.

Sony seems to **** around with their pricing/availability a lot though. They've had the SCD-CE775 on that site for less than anyone else anywhere for the last few weeks, but it hasn't been available for order. I emailed them about it, but I assume they just don't have any.

kerelybonto

Oct 2, 2002 at 12:32 AM Post #3 of 8
Well I'm not sure what happened, guess it was just a mixup, because price has gone back up to $250. I wonder what would have happened if I would have ordered it when the price was screwed up?

Anyway I'm going to audition the player tommorow at a local tweeter (they have it at $250 also) and if it sounds good I think I'm gonna buy it. I have a lot MP3 albums from http://www.chrismyden.com/uber/, so I need a player that plays MP3s. And since this player does it, and CD and SACD for a reasonable price, it looks like the one for me.

Zin

Oct 2, 2002 at 1:56 PM Post #4 of 8
If you want to save a few bucks, check Yahoo! Shopping. I think I saw it there for about $240 shipped. That'd probably save you about $30 or so after you pay taxes locally.

kerelybonto

Oct 2, 2002 at 8:50 PM Post #5 of 8
I recently purchased this unit from Onecall. At the time it was $225 + $15 for 3 day fed ex shipping. I had it in two days.

The DVD picture is clear and sharp. I can't comment on the audio as I'm still waiting for my receiver to show up. (I didn't order my reciever through them).

I have no affiliation with them, other then as a satisfied customer.

Garth

Oct 3, 2002 at 2:27 PM Post #6 of 8
Oct 3, 2002 at 3:48 PM Post #7 of 8
Well I purchased the NS755V yesterday from Tweeter. Total came to $262.49. When prices are that close, I prefer to buy from a brick & mortor store, for the extra convience and ease if there are ever problems.

Everything seems to be working quite well and I am pleased so far. kwkarth, yeah I've read that also, but I really wanted the MP3 capabilities (I have a ton of downloaded MP3 CDs from UberNet). And while I don't have a DVD player, I can't remember the last time I rented a VHS tape, so that wasn't a big seller for me.

As for audio quality, its very difficult for me to compare as my previous sources were very poor. So far its producing the best sound I've ever heard, so I'll be quitely happy in my blissful ignorance
evil_smiley.gif

Zin

Oct 4, 2002 at 5:54 AM Post #8 of 8
I was at Musicdirect today and the guys there really don't like this player.They all think it does not sound as good as the NS-500V or the 775.It is unusual for all those guys to agree and they audition all new products as a group before they are placed in the catalog for sale.I didn't get a listen myself but will this weekend and will offer an opinion/impression.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back