Sony N-E407 problem after pc format
Feb 17, 2006 at 1:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

m4a1rifle

New Head-Fier
everytime i format my pc and reinstall sonic stage, i have to format and reinitialize my mp3 player to load song into it. it is very time consuming to load 1gb of songs. is there any workaround?

the technical support person told me to do backup but after i restore the backup file i still have to reinitialize in order to load songs into it.

Please advice.

Feb 17, 2006 at 3:58 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by m4a1rifle
because i test alot of software, installing n uninstalling. i have to periodically format my pc to keep it running smoothly.

anyone have idea how to counter this problem?

Invest in a copy of VirtualPC or VMWare. Either run your test software in the virtual machine, or run Sonic Stage in the virtual machine.

Feb 17, 2006 at 10:39 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by m4a1rifle
is there really no other way of doing this?

Proabably but with SonicStage I really don't think its worth the hassle. It tempermental at the best of times. Someone over on www.MiniDisc.Org forums might have a deeper understanding of its inner workings to help you "fix" the problem. Some of those guys have been "enjoying" it for years. I only use it to put stuff on and off my HiMD. Nothing else.

Theres a different manager for the Sony Flash players. Connect Player have you tried that? http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=12184

Otherwise I'd go with VirtualPC or VMWare.or get a testing PC. You can pick up a cheap PIII for less than $100. I've tried caddies before but didn't like them myself. Remote Desktop into a PIII/P4 is what we use for testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back