sony mz-rh1 or kenwood hd60gb9
Jun 29, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #16 of 23
From what I've read, it looks like all they did was add an extra filtering capacitor in series within their amplifier circuit. This serves as a better low-pass filter for removing noise from the line. You're going to end up with a cleaner signal. I don't see why any of the other DAPs couldn't do this as well unless they are just really trying to cut costs. It just seems like a lot of consumer electronics manufacturers just throw together the cheapest analog circuit possible to cut costs when in reality, you can spend 50 cents more on a better capacitor and have much higher quality. I'm surprised Sony out of all people is the one that's actually pushing for component quality here.

Jun 30, 2008 at 5:05 AM Post #17 of 23
both players kick tail. which brand do u like more

Aug 30, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #18 of 23
MZ-RH1, isn't that a mini-disc player?

Aug 30, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by penartur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, it is. So what?

Mini-disc players still going strong? Crazy stuff.

Kenwood HD60GD9, hard to find any non-asian info on, that's also a mini-disc player?

Aug 31, 2009 at 7:09 AM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Mini-disc players still going strong? Crazy stuff.

Oh sorry, of course, nothing can compete with your beloved Apple (!) ipod (!!!) nano.
Quote:

Kenwood HD60GD9, hard to find any non-asian info on, that's also a mini-disc player?

HDD-based.

Aug 31, 2009 at 11:39 AM Post #22 of 23
I have them both and happy with both. I use WAV on the kenwood and its good enough compared with Hi-sp on the RH1. If I had to choose I would keep the RH1 which I was originally really impressed with.

Jan 19, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #23 of 23
The Sony MZ RH1 is gorgeous! It seems to keep its value preeetty high these days.

It isn't depreciating like modern dead format flies.

Anyone know what kind of internal amps they use to make them sound this great?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back