sony mz-rh1 or kenwood hd60gb9
Jan 25, 2008 at 12:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

waihau

Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm looking for a new DAP, and the most important parameter in my choice will be the SQ, so:

In terms of SQ, what player is better, the mz-rh1 or the HD60GB9

Jan 25, 2008 at 12:45 PM Post #3 of 23
I can tell you that the rh1 sounds damn good. Absolutely clean output. But i can't comment on the kenwood, unfortunately.
Would like to listen to one
biggrin.gif

Jan 25, 2008 at 12:47 PM Post #4 of 23
I'd vote for the MZ-RH1! It has better output imho.

I've heard one kenweood once, but it was an old one. Can't remember the type.

The MZ-RH1 was built with SQ as main purpose. It has features like a doubled coupling condensor.

greetz

Jan 25, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #7 of 23
Quote from Mr. Mazmoto (one of the engineers that worked on the MZ-RH1):

Apparently, the current digital music player’s the best feature must be that of usability. Among all best points, the product planer’s chosen path was, not relying on the sound effect or the sound processing, but the rebirth of the original sound recorded. The approach of doubling the capacity of the Coupling Condenser was born from this need.

The Coupling Condenser is an audio component which is being used in the last process of amplification to cut the direct current, to prevent any potential damage to a headphone or a pair of speakers. Increasing the capacity to preserve the unique low frequency sound is a known method used from the days of an analog amplifier.

“There is a technical reason to why a coupling condenser was not footed on a portable audio device. As the portable device is very limited in its space dimension, having a big enough coupling condenser to deliver enough power is not realistically possible. There has been a serious talk of enhancing this area, as soon as the first generation MZ-NH1 was completed. Since then, we were in talks with multiple suppliers of a coupling condenser, to repetitively request them of the size requirements, so we were able to meet the size requirements, without missing the delivery date.” (Mr. Mazmoto).

Jan 27, 2008 at 11:16 PM Post #9 of 23
they do need one. They just have lower capacity coupling condensors.
The low end benefits form this.

greetz

Jan 28, 2008 at 12:31 AM Post #10 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricthaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The MZ-RH1 was built with SQ as main purpose. It has features like a doubled coupling condensor.

greetz

You made it sound like it was feature thats uncommon.
confused.gif

Jan 28, 2008 at 8:24 AM Post #11 of 23
A coupling condensor is not uncommon in any way.

A coupling condensor with doubled capacity is uncommon in a portable device!

..... hope I'm clear enough this time.

greetz

Jan 28, 2008 at 12:23 PM Post #12 of 23
With you now. My bad I didn't read it carefully enough. Sorry.

Do any other portables have a coupling condensor with "extra" capacity. What effect does it have in terms of sound. No hiss, cleaner signal?

Apr 1, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #14 of 23
Are we sure that Sony daps don't have a double coupling capacitor?

Apr 1, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are we sure that Sony daps don't have a double coupling capacitor?

Actually, I think we are pretty sure that the amazing feature Sony has is doubled coupling capacitance =].

Users who are viewing this thread

Back