Sony MZ-E10 MD
Dec 8, 2002 at 2:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Jeff

100+ Head-Fier
I picked up the E10 the other day, here's some impressions.

I only have the MZ-R700 to compare to, but from other reviews, it seems to be a nice MD recorder.

Ok, the first thing you notice is how small the E10 is. It's about 2 minidiscs tall, and a little larger than a disc. It feels like it'll fall apart in your hands, but actually seems well constructed given it's size (but I wouldn't use it as a sports portable!).

There's no line output, like my R700, so I just crank the volume to full to give it a line volume like any other cd player. Apparently Sony is using a "digital amp" in this unit. It comes with an adapter to plug into a standard mini stereo plug, since there is no actual headphone jack on the unit itself. The sound so far is a bit more 'faster' than my R700; you can feel the pull of an electric guitar and the thump of a drum set more so than the R700. Bass is lacking a tad, but does extend down more. The high end seems somewhat noisey, but I'm guessing because it's showing more up there than what the R700 is. There is no 'static' during silent passes, so the unit is quiet.

I'm still testing out battery life. The E10 comes with a charger stand and the 3.7 volt battery is built in, so you only get one chance of listening (no swaping out batteries).

More listening to come!

- Jeff

Dec 8, 2002 at 2:47 PM Post #3 of 4
I use E909 +headphone AMP+HD580 .......
the sound is too bad ..
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 8, 2002 at 9:09 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by SuAnnan
I use E909 +headphone AMP+HD580 .......
the sound is too bad ..
smily_headphones1.gif