Sony MUC-M1BT1
Jan 19, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #16 of 25
Im interested in getting the M2BT1.
As far as my understanding goes, the source end only sends the signal through Bluetooth, which is completely digital, so whatever the DAC or amp on the source end is bypassed, and it is the receiving end that must complete the DAC and amp function, then feed into the drivers..

With LDAC, I guess data transfer rate would not be a big concern anymore.
But what about the DAC inside the receiver?? I don't see any one talks about that on any Bluetooth headphones too..

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2018 at 8:36 PM Post #17 of 25
Im interested in getting the M2BT1.
As far as my understanding goes, the source end only sends the signal through Bluetooth, which is completely digital, so whatever the DAC or amp on the source end is bypassed, and it is the receiving end that must complete the DAC and amp function, then feed into the drivers..

With LDAC, I guess data transfer rate would not be a big concern anymore.
But what about the DAC inside the receiver?? I don't see any one talks about that on any Bluetooth headphones too..

that's Audio Technica AT-PHA55BT has become so interesting, uses 3.5mm instead of the other connector which M2BT1 uses, has decent dac and amp and from a reputable brand since sony has released ldac technology to other manufacturers ( subject on licence) and even implemented on android oreo as standard ( subject on licence)

Dec 8, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #18 of 25
Hi Guys

I am a LDAC / Hi Res fan.

I live in a noisy city.

I feel I am limiting my sonic choices by looking for Noise cancelling headphones. I do like to cut the city noise out.

What do you city / commuters think? Would the Hi Res benefit in a pair of ($500 ish) IEM fed by the Sony LDAC neck band M2BT1 or 2 get totally lost by traffic / subway - tube / cafe chatter?

I have a Fiio M9 to feed it 96k 24 bit audio

Would I be groovin on the quality sounds or getting annoyed..?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Jan 8, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #19 of 25
So my Sony MUC-M1BT1 Just arrived..

£35 customs fee! :angry:

Anyway, I have the FiiO M9 which outputs LDAC

But since ordering it (2 months ago) I have found after a lot of experimentation, short of super glue and a hammer, IEM's will NOT stay put in my ears.... They all fall out.

So I think I am looking at custom molds made... (for some Etymotic 4SR's)

But before I do....

Can MUC-M1BT1 connect to TWO BT devices at the same time (so DAP & phone, or phone & Computer)?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #20 of 25
So my Sony MUC-M1BT1 Just arrived..

£35 customs fee! :angry:

Anyway, I have the FiiO M9 which outputs LDAC

But since ordering it (2 months ago) I have found after a lot of experimentation, short of super glue and a hammer, IEM's will NOT stay put in my ears.... They all fall out.

So I think I am looking at custom molds made... (for some Etymotic 4SR's)

But before I do....

Can MUC-M1BT1 connect to TWO BT devices at the same time (so DAP & phone, or phone & Computer)?

Thanks in advance

do you find Ldac sometimes lose transmission while on the street on highest bitrate? while on other bitrate less likely to receive interference?

Jan 11, 2019 at 3:27 AM Post #21 of 25
I haven't opened the box yet.i am waiting for iems & molds to be delivered.

My Radsone ES100 & FiiO M9 work well together @ best quality LDAC: in the car, in the same medium side room and in my coat pocket while walking in the city or on crowded London Underground trains (UK subway) overall I experience no "environmental interference" to the LDAC.

I hope the Sony LDAC neck band performs as well. Might be able to try it later today.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #22 of 25
OK the Sony neckband arrived. It sounds good.

The LDAC works even if I wander away from the player into the next room.

@Wiz33 & @Monstieur

I am struggling to get My DAP and phone to pair at the same time. Any tips for me?

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #23 of 25
Anyone tried removing the original cable and soldering on a new cable yet? Been using this with an adapter for my Fitear but one of the adapter is breaking and it doesn't make sense to get a new one for the price.

Jan 25, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #24 of 25
Still struggling to pair my FiiO @ the same time as my iPhone.

I can't do it.

Jan 28, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #25 of 25
On eBay UK now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back