SONY MRD-EX1000 OR SENNHEISER IE80
Apr 14, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #5 of 12
Well, you're not being very specific as to what you want to know. The one isn't necessarily "better" than the other, just different.

Hard to tell people what would suit your taste when you leave no information regarding what you're looking for in an IEM.

Apr 14, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #10 of 12
I had IE80 and have and much prefer EX1000.  IE80 has much greater mid bass quantity. EX1000 has greater quanitty sub bass and overall better quality bass.  IE80 is flat after the mid bass. Better timbre, clarity, dynamics and treble on the Sony. The Sony is less expensive.

Apr 14, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #12 of 12

FWIW, I had the IE-8 and found it totally not to my taste. The midbass was SO strong, it overshadowed much of the mids no matter how I tried to tame it. Really was a dealbreaker for me. Don't know how much this was toned down in the IE-80. But it must be said that Sennheiser is a company with serious expertise in the headphone area, so I have no doubt they can make an excellent IEM and the IE-800 could be it. So we shall see.

I have the EX-1000 and think it's quite good, in my experience it is one of the top choices in it's price range and only decisively bested by the AKG K-3003 (quite expensive, though) and possibly some of the Final Audio designs (I have the 1601SS, a bit of a guilty pleasure, not tonally accurate, but oh that soundstage and dynamics...) in the world of Universals I have heard. Not necessarily for bassheads, however.

Kevin 

Quote:
Why not wait for the new Senns IE800 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back