sony mp3 question
Jun 12, 2004 at 7:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

malachai

New Head-Fier
disclaimer: i expect that this question will be the subject of much ridicule and scorn...but please be gentle with me
smily_headphones1.gif

i have a sony d-cj01 cd/mp3 player, and i tend to listen to it with grado sr-60s with the highest level of
eek.gif
..........bass boost.

*a moment of silence so you can curse now*
biggrin.gif

anyways, i pick this setting because i enjoy adding some crispiness to my listening, and that means putting up with a bit more bass than i'd care for, but such is life.

i've noticed (recently) that when i have the volume at the higher levels of the player, practically all the bass drops out, giving way to a bit of distortion and flapping. i thought that it might be my grados - i've had them for quite some time now - but my senn 497s and koss ur30's react the same.

i have a panasonic sl-sx420 mp3 player, and with s-xbs, i get no trouble. i don't know if i'm listening to my music louder now, but i don't ever recall this being a problem.

do these players just naturally prohibit quality listening at higher volumes? or is it something else? or do you have suggestions for a better (preferrably moderate-priced) mp3/cd player?

thks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back