Sony mp3/cd d-cjo1 owner reviews...
Nov 29, 2001 at 12:00 PM Post #2 of 7
The more and more I am seeing this Sony MP3/CD Player, the uglier it is getting. From the screenshots I saw at http://www.digitalformula.com/sony_d-cj01/ , it seems like the player is pretty thick for a sony (about as thick as an iRiver2 methinks). The features are lacking all over the place -- no backlight, fm radio, firmware, remote to name a few. The sad thing is the player costs $150 and doesn't even have as near as much customazation as that of the iRiver2/RioVoltSP250.

-eru

Nov 29, 2001 at 8:20 PM Post #3 of 7
As far as I can tell the only thing the Sony has over the Iriver2 is the G-Protection - if it's anything like my Sony D-915 then it's definitely better than the Iriver2 model.

Other than that, I strongly suspect the Iriver2 has got it beat - better display, louder, near remote control on the headphone cable, sophisticated EQ settings (normally I don't use them with with MP3 the odd bit of boost can work well!), Winamp playlist support, better programming, etc, etc.

I think the Iriver2 is an excellent machine. Whilst not up to the sound quality generated by the Sony D-915 and Panasonic 570 discman players, it's really very close. It does suffer with some line noise but then again so does my Airhead amp. I tend to not notice either once the music starts playing.

Nov 30, 2001 at 12:02 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

The more and more I am seeing this Sony MP3/CD Player, the uglier it is getting. From the screenshots I saw at http://www.digitalformula.com/sony_d-cj01/ , it seems like the player is pretty thick for a sony

I saw the cj01 in person, and i thought it looked quite nice actually... The sides are transparent, and the LCD screen is the best of any CDp from a large company. But you're right, it is HUGE, about the size of two D-ej01's stacked on top of each other, and lacks many features like optical out, remote, rechargeable batteries, long battery life, etc...

Nov 30, 2001 at 5:28 PM Post #5 of 7
to thomas....where did you saw the sony d-cj01? what store

anyway, in terms of sound-quality and build-quality...sony d-cj01 (mp3.cd) player surely beat the RIO 250/iRiver 250.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back