Sony Micro-Plug To Mini-Jack
Apr 16, 2002 at 1:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

saronian

Head-Fier
I know this is available from Sony Parts Online as PCMP1S for $9.99. But I wanted to let the group know that I just bought one from a Sony Outlet Store in Tracy, California for $0.95. They have about 10 of them with the old packaging number PCMP1HG. Works with the D-E905 PCDP.

Scott

Apr 16, 2002 at 7:42 AM Post #2 of 5
Speaking of Sony Micro-plugs. Does anyone know if sony still makes ear/headphones that has the microplug? I have a old sony walkman that used the microplug to attatch to the remote but when the earbuds broke I couldnt find a replacement. I know a few years ago sony's korean site had pictures of them.

In my opinion sony made a bad decision to have the micro-plug earphones but no replacement for them, at least in up here in canada.

Apr 16, 2002 at 4:24 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for the info Scott
smily_headphones1.gif

RRX - look out for E888MP - that is the only currently produced model that I know of
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks

Apr 17, 2002 at 3:04 PM Post #4 of 5
There's always been micro-plug earphones in Canada, at least in Toronto ya can get replacement stock models at Sony authorized parts and service depots for around 33 bucks CDN (ie. Videophase @ Gordon Baker Rd.) or goto Chinese import stores (ie. Pacific Mall) to get retail models (I got my 888MP there, pricey but still cheaper than the Sony Store)... But of cuz the best prices are still in places like Hong Kong, and yes Sony still makes the MP plug versions of their current line-up..

Apr 17, 2002 at 11:09 PM Post #5 of 5
Oh almost forgot to mention, if ya need a MP-to-SP adaptor, the PCMP1-S, ya can get it at either the Sony Store or at downtown T.O near the Eaton Centre for 15 bucks CDN, yeah pricey!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back