Sony Mh750 MMCX - does left/right matter?
May 21, 2020 at 4:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dh0licious

100+ Head-Fier
I just paid someone to mod my Sony MH750 to have MMCX connection.

When I received them back I realised I don't know which IEM is left and right, however I remember when I opened them up myself previously I saw coloured wires - blue on left and red on right as expected. My question is does it matter which side of the MMCX cable I plug into left or right? The IEM's are identical other than this and so I could put either IEM into either ear.

Is there a risk of damage if I get it wrong? Sorry i'm inexperienced but I read that IEM wires are blue or red for a reason. And if I'm connected to a balanced 2.5mm TRRS I thought it may matter. Of course I could be wrong!

White MH750 Left:
white mh750 1.jpg

White MH750 Right:
white mh750 2.jpg

Last edited:
May 21, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #2 of 4
Doesn't matter.

If converted to MMCX, cable determines side.

The original cable was color coded as the stock cable has 3 wires. Shared ground (uncolored) and left/right chanels (colored per side). This is so when soldering, they knew which side to match to cable length and color.

May 23, 2020 at 6:27 AM Post #3 of 4
I'm new to all this so just wondering if it normal that my MH750 don't get as loud as my other IEM's like KZ ZS10 Pro or CCA C12?

Need to crank up the volume on my source with the MH750 to get same volume I get with other IEM's

May 23, 2020 at 7:53 AM Post #4 of 4
I'm new to all this so just wondering if it normal that my MH750 don't get as loud as my other IEM's like KZ ZS10 Pro or CCA C12?

Need to crank up the volume on my source with the MH750 to get same volume I get with other IEM's
Should not matter for which one as was said before the cable is what matters. Did they get louder before the mod?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back