Sony MH750/755 upgrade path?
Aug 7, 2022 at 9:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Trae

500+ Head-Fier
So, I had to put my Sony phone through RMA and I got one of these back out of luck. I knew nothing about them prior, and I was like what? How do these sound so good. I ended up returning a pair of Raptgo Hook-Xs that I recently bought because of them. Wavelet app to neutralize it and then add a bass boost to get the warmth back, and I'm happy with them.

But it has me wondering, what is the next step after this? These shouldn't sound this good and I don't want to end up returning a bunch of IEMs because of this one. The IE600 seems like an overall upgrade, but it's 700 dollars.

But to cut to the chase:

AutoEq/Wavelet profile to fix tonality
Easy to drive from phone
MH750 but with bass, clarity and stage turned up one notch

Aug 7, 2022 at 4:01 PM Post #3 of 4
So, I had to put my Sony phone through RMA and I got one of these back out of luck. I knew nothing about them prior, and I was like what? How do these sound so good. I ended up returning a pair of Raptgo Hook-Xs that I recently bought because of them. Wavelet app to neutralize it and then add a bass boost to get the warmth back, and I'm happy with them.

But it has me wondering, what is the next step after this? These shouldn't sound this good and I don't want to end up returning a bunch of IEMs because of this one. The IE600 seems like an overall upgrade, but it's 700 dollars.

But to cut to the chase:

AutoEq/Wavelet profile to fix tonality
Easy to drive from phone
MH750 but with bass, clarity and stage turned up one notch
FiiO FH3, but it has zero soundstage.

Aug 8, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for the recommendations so far. I'm also looking for a single driver IEM, be it dynamic or planar. I'm not really wanting to mess with multi-driver configurations due to increased power requirements and lower sensitivity - not good for driving from a weak phone amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back