Sony MDRXB950BT vs MDR10RBT
Dec 1, 2014 at 10:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

narutoninjakid

New Head-Fier
Hi guys really need some advice. Was looking between these two headphones and can't decide. The MDRXB950BT is $99 on sale while the MDR10RBT is $180 out of rock on Amazon.

I mostly listen to trap music and songs with bass and I like bass so I'm not sure which is better overall? Which would you guys choose and is the MDR10RBT much better hence the price? This is my first time buying high end headphones and I would like them to be bluetooth thanks. Also there are a refurbrished pair of MDR10RBT as well for $99 so if it's much better than the MDRXB950BT I may go with that. Thanks for all the help.

Dec 1, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #2 of 6
Also does anyone know which pairs are newer? Which may unconsciously mean better? One downfall to the MDRXB950BT is that the cable is a custom length so you can't buy ones easily online? Anyone know where replacements can be purchased?

Dec 4, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #5 of 6
I just bought both of these and I must say I love them both so far after just one day. I got the MDR10RBT refurbished from Amazon for 99.00 they have zero imperfections that I can find. They came in a plastic bag with everything but the paperwork. The difference between the MDR10RBT and the MDRXB950BT really does lie in the bass. The 950 hits really hard in the bass department without the bass button pushed. In fact, I don't like the sound with the button pushed and it really doesn't need it. I would not say the 10RBT is better than the 950BT . I prefer the build quality and fit of the 950BT over the 10RBT. Some people won't appreciate the bassyness of the 950BT but i love it with certain types of music. I am a believer in using the right tool for the job. The 950BT is the newer of the 2. I feel like I have 2 complementary sets of headphones. If I had to pick just one, it would be the 950BT as there is not $80.00 dollars difference in the 2, of course I may feel differently after a few weeks of use.

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #6 of 6
I just bought both of these and I must say I love them both so far after just one day. I got the MDR10RBT refurbished from Amazon for 99.00 they have zero imperfections that I can find. They came in a plastic bag with everything but the paperwork. The difference between the MDR10RBT and the MDRXB950BT really does lie in the bass. The 950 hits really hard in the bass department without the bass button pushed. In fact, I don't like the sound with the button pushed and it really doesn't need it. I would not say the 10RBT is better than the 950BT . I prefer the build quality and fit of the 950BT over the 10RBT. Some people won't appreciate the bassyness of the 950BT but i love it with certain types of music. I am a believer in using the right tool for the job. The 950BT is the newer of the 2. I feel like I have 2 complementary sets of headphones. If I had to pick just one, it would be the 950BT as there is not $80.00 dollars difference in the 2, of course I may feel differently after a few weeks of use.

Thanks I appreciate it. To bad I missed the $99 sale. Will be on the lookout for them by Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back