Sony MDRSA1000, mdvr6
Sep 25, 2007 at 3:01 AM Post #31 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Makenzie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think i will give them a shot... One last thing, seeing as they are open air, they dont seal out sound very well? Do they get fairly loud?

What application are you going to be using these in?

When I listen to music, it's at home. The only thing on in my room is the AC, and two fans.

I have NO problem hearing my music. In fact, I can't hear either fans, or even when someone comes in to talk to me, unless they're right in front of me. They do pretty well sealing out sounds, but it depends on where you're going to be using them. On a bus, plane, subway etc.

-Nick
600smile.gif

Sep 25, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #32 of 35
Mainly at the house, but i will also be listening to them at school in the lunch room. Keep in mind i listen to my music loud.. They dont have to be the best at sealing out sound, but when i have them cranked up, i dont want to hear people talking.

Sep 25, 2007 at 3:44 AM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Makenzie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Keep in mind i listen to my music loud.. They dont have to be the best at sealing out sound, but when i have them cranked up, i dont want to hear people talking.

Oh you won't, don't worry.
wink.gif

Sep 26, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #34 of 35
Update.. Before i made this thread, I had my mind set on ordering the v6s. Since I havent gotten my new check card yet from the bank, I sent my aunt the link for the headphones i was looking at, so she could order them with her credit card once i decided on what i wanted.. Well today i call her back to tell her about the mind change in headphones, not knowing that she already ordered the v6s.. So the v6s are ordered, and on their way, which is fine with me. Hopefully they sound good with the new sony mp3 player i got
3000smile.gif

Sep 26, 2007 at 5:49 AM Post #35 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by nick20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have no idea. I have tried a few pairs locally, a cheaper AKG, and Proline 750. I would safely assume the SA's are better. I have not heard the VR6's, but for those that like the signature Sony sound, admit the bigger brother SA5000 is a excellent pair of cans, that stacks up against Senn's 600, 650,s AK 701 etc.

I'll snap a shot of the headband for you as well. Give me a minute.

EDIT: Headband is about 7" long, and 4" at the widest point.

(I just used the ruler as a reference point. It's not properly aligned.)

Yes, the SA5000 are in the same league as the 650's & 701's..But balanced, the 650's are a tier above it IMO..Even though the SA5000 scale nicely balanced.. I actually prefered my balanced SA5000 over my 650's single ended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back