Sony MDRSA1000, mdvr6
Sep 25, 2007 at 12:15 AM Post #16 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Makenzie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How are they size wise compared to other large around the ear headphones such as the mdr v600s, ect.. I would purchase a set right now if anyone knew how they stacked up with the sony mdvr6s, but no one seems to know..

btw can you take a shot of the headband? it looks huge in the website photos..

I have no idea. I have tried a few pairs locally, a cheaper AKG, and Proline 750. I would safely assume the SA's are better. I have not heard the VR6's, but for those that like the signature Sony sound, admit the bigger brother SA5000 is a excellent pair of cans, that stacks up against Senn's 600, 650,s AK 701 etc.

I'll snap a shot of the headband for you as well. Give me a minute.

EDIT: Headband is about 7" long, and 4" at the widest point.

(I just used the ruler as a reference point. It's not properly aligned.)

Sep 25, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #18 of 35
Quote:

That band is huge..

AND, by far the comfiest band I've had on. You don't even feel it when it's on. It's really nice...

Sep 25, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #21 of 35
Can't go wrong with SA. Much love for the 5000.

They are surprisingly light. They are big, but not nearly as large as some. In comparison to the mass, I'd say they are moderate when it comes to open circumaural

Sep 25, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #22 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by nick20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which set?

The sa 1000s

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundFreaq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't go wrong with SA. Much love for the 5000.

They are surprisingly light. They are big, but not nearly as large as some. In comparison to the mass, I'd say they are moderate when it comes to open circumaural

I see you have the 7506 sonys, which are similar to the mdvr6s.. How do the sa1000s compare to the 7506s?

Sep 25, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #23 of 35
To be honest with you, I've never actually listened to the 1000's specifically, but I am familiar with the rest of the SA's, and that family's sound signature.

I believe the SA1000's will be more clunky in physical size, but I think that they will definitely be more comfortable, especially after extended use, the 7506 would become a but uncomfortable. I've worn the SA's for hours on end with no problem.

As far as the sound, I would expect them (the 1000's) to be more detailed. The 7506's generally make everything sound pretty good, but because they do, in comparison, I think they come across as more veiled.

I hope that helps a little

Sep 25, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #24 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundFreaq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To be honest with you, I've never actually listened to the 1000's specifically, but I am familiar with the rest of the SA's, and that family's sound signature.

I believe the SA1000's will be more clunky in physical size, but I think that they will definitely be more comfortable, especially after extended use, the 7506 would become a but uncomfortable. I've worn the SA's for hours on end with no problem.

As far as the sound, I would expect them (the 1000's) to be more detailed. The 7506's generally make everything sound pretty good, but because they do, in comparison, I think they come across as more veiled.

I hope that helps a little

So would you say the 1000s would be worth the 30 dollar price jump that i could get the mdrv6s/7506s for? One thing I seem to dislike about the 1000s is that they are open air. It just seems like people will hear my music well..

sorry about all the questions..

Sep 25, 2007 at 2:11 AM Post #26 of 35
Quote:

I am looking for a new set of headphones, and i have my eyes set on these two units.. I currently have the mdr600s that i bought temporarily from work, because i was in need of a new headset. Anyways does anyone have good experience with the sa 1000s? If so, are they noticeably better than the mdvr6s? One thing i dislike about the 1000s, is that the headband looks huge..

The V600 is one thing, and the V6 is another, they are completelly different...which are you actually considering....?

Sep 25, 2007 at 2:18 AM Post #27 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The V600 is one thing, and the V6 is another, they are completelly different...which are you actually considering....?

I returned the v600s back to work today.. I am looking at the v6s, and the sa1000s.. Not completely sold on one or the other yet, but leaning towards the 1000s..

Sep 25, 2007 at 2:20 AM Post #28 of 35
Quote:

It just seems like people will hear my music well..

Not unless they are sitting right next to you, and you have the music very loud. I put these on my sister a few minutes ago, turned the volume to my normal listening levels, and I can hear it, but I have to be listening for it.

Standing right next to her, I can hear about 50% of the music.

Standing across the room, I can hear about 20% of the music, 10% of it lyrics, the rest the beats.

Standing 5 feet from her, I can hear about 40% of the music, about 15% lyrics., the rest the beats.

(this was done in a DEAD quite room, no fans, no TV etc. and no ambient noise.)

So, what I'm saying is it's a little difficult to hear the lyrics, if there's a background, weather it be a beat, drums, chorus, etc. With normal listening levels, you won't hear much of the music.

If this is really bothering you, I advise you to PM me, I will send you the link I bought my headphones from, and they have a generous 14-day guarantee, in which you can send them back for whatever reason and is the cheapest place that has them for sale online. Amazon has a 30-day guarantee, but is a little more expensive.

I hope this helps..

-Nick
600smile.gif

Sep 25, 2007 at 2:30 AM Post #29 of 35
why not give that a shot? If you don't love them, which you will, return them! A little effort for supreme satisfaction

Users who are viewing this thread

Back