Sony MDREX90LP
Apr 24, 2006 at 4:51 PM Post #2 of 14
I would like to know details on them too. I wonder if this model will reclaim the fame for Sony earphones or not.

Apr 24, 2006 at 8:15 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaDude
Hi,

I think that these are very ugly. I guess they will sound better than they look...

I think they look alright actually! At $90, I wouldn't call them cheap.

Apr 25, 2006 at 4:02 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
You guys wanna see a few impressions?

If I get 5 yes's, I will post a link.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Haha, why not post the link? Because it'll make us lose hope?
tongue.gif

Apr 25, 2006 at 4:05 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veniogenesis
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Haha, why not post the link? Because it'll make us lose hope?
tongue.gif

5/5 = 1.

That counts as 1.

Well, lets say the impressions are rather mixed. :/

They're not much into headphones as some people here, but I think you could trust them enough.
tongue.gif

http://www.audiotstation.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=30573

The impressions are on page 3... I think. And 1 on page 5.
They say it's better than the EX71's without doubt. but the whole sound the EX71's provide really suck a LOT.

Apr 25, 2006 at 4:05 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
You guys wanna see a few impressions?

If I get 5 yes's, I will post a link.

Yes.

Apr 25, 2006 at 4:10 PM Post #11 of 14
EX90's here!

(the following is a somewhat updated review I posted in another thread)

I have the EX70, EX71, EX81.

Sound is more balanced than the EX71 and EX81. Bass has more impact than the EX70. I think the highs are nicely detailed. No hiss problems noted with the two devices noted at the the bottom. Because of the construction of these IEMs (earbud / IEM hybrid?) the isolation isn't as great but the benefit I'm hearing is a bit more air to the soundstage.

In my ear using the "medium" tips the edge of the external hard casing presses against a part of my ear a bit and may not be as quite as comfortable as the EX70 or EX71. Experimenting with the "large" tips seems to make the EX90 ride a bit higher taking away that pressure point. We'll see long term how the comfort is

The cord from the jack to the separation point seems to be a bit thicker with the EX90. The wire cover material from the separtion point to the drivers *may* be a bit tougher feeling. Hard for me to determine.

The case is quality leather, with a plastic insert to wrap the IEMs around. Nice.

I think the EX90 are the best of the series.

Early impression -- very good -- and good enough to keep.

Equipment used: Sony MZ-RH10 (ATRAC3+ 352K encoded material), Sony NW-E507 (ATRAC3+ 256K / FM) Archos AV500 (MP3, LAME ~256K)

Paul

Apr 26, 2006 at 8:10 PM Post #14 of 14
Just got the 90s this morning. So far, muddy mids, good bass and decent highs. Only had a bit over an hour with these so take it for what its worth.

basshead.gif

And yes, the leather case is niiiiiiicceeee..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back