sony mdr1rbt, parrot zik or Logitech ue 9000
Jan 30, 2013 at 4:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

smileyboy

New Head-Fier
Hello, I've been lurking here for the past few weeks reading all I can about the above mentioned headphones.
I've had my fair share of BT headphones, all the jaybirds, a pair of beats (terrible), klipsch s4i, incase over the ears, Nokia BH905i, a few Motorolas and Shures. I've always preferred wireless headphones. I'm currently in the Market for some new cans.

I have a iPad mini, iPhone 5, Sony ps3, PS Vita and a MBA.

I'll most likely be using the headphones with my iPhone an vita the most. I keep hearing about software issues on the Ziks.

I'm just looking for smooth playback and to block out noise. Getting rid of my B&W P5s. I'm tired of wires. Any tips or personal experiences? Read what I could on the logitechs. But I didn't see much about the Sonys.
Thanks

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #5 of 26
The Zik has a whole lot of incredibly cool touch and swipe features, as well as a great app, but when I heard it at a department store in Singapore, I wasn't too impressed with the artificial highs. It does sound ok, but not at the price point if you ask me...

UE9000 has lots of bass, but they're not bad-sounding overall. I like their warm, relaxed sound.

I've not read or heard about the 1RBT, but the 1R is a great sounding headphone, easily competing with my (wired) Momentum, so if the 1RBT is anything like the 1R I'd probably vote that one :)

Jan 30, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #6 of 26
Quote:

Becuase....

It's SONY!!
biggrin.gif

(trollin)

Jan 31, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #13 of 26
If you are willing to try and place a backorder on the 1RBT, Cost Central has them for $240-ish. The process may be a bit of a hassle (I ordered with the site claiming it had 1 left in stock, had to call them to place it on backorder) but that is where I got my pair from. Make sure you don't check out with google wallet in this case though, Cost Central only allowed me to backorder directly through them.

Apart from the occasional squeak from the cups (several have dealt with this using silicone grease), I love my 1RBT. Bluetooth connectivity was no issue, they are very comfy, and being able to charge the batteries while listening via the 3.5mm jack is very handy.

Feb 3, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #14 of 26
Thanks. With the opcional 3.5 mm cable. Is this a headphone I could  use a portable amp with? My music is higher than 128, just not sure if the headphones would benefit from it?  

Feb 5, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #15 of 26
Quote:
Thanks. With the opcional 3.5 mm cable. Is this a headphone I could  use a portable amp with? My music is higher than 128, just not sure if the headphones would benefit from it?  

It's worth noting that the 1RBT does not need to be powered on to function when you're using the 3.5mm cable (I should note that one is included in the box). Through the cable, the 1RBT behaves just like any other headphone with a detachable cable, which also means it has no problems being amped. That being said, from my experience the 1RBT is quite easy to drive, so if your portable source has a decent output an amp may be beneficial, but it won't be a necessity.

EDIT: I should have also noted that a portable amp will be of no use if you are listening via bluetooth instead of the cable, since the signal is sent from your device straight to the headphones without any 'middleman' apart from the headphone's built-in amplifier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back