Sony MDR1000X vs B&W P7 wireless
Oct 15, 2016 at 9:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Phoebus7

New Head-Fier
After reading the latest review of Sony MDR1000x very tempted to purchase but since they are in the price range of B&W P7 wireless and if ANC is not a priority do Sony sound on par or better than P7 Wireless

Nov 4, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #3 of 3
Hi,

Have not tested both but I have the wired P7s and the MDR-1000X. In my personal opinion the P7s are better sounding. It is hard to put this into words but I think the P7 has more detail overall and better controll in the bass frequencies. However, the Sony's have a very good soundstage. Then there is the question if the sound quality of the P7 wireless is on par with the original P7.

But to sum things up, I prefer the P7 when listening to music at home but when travelling to work or at work I use the MDR-1000x since the NC on the Sony's is absolutely superb. Using the P7 at work or when travelling would require much higher volume settings and resulting in a lesser listening experience.

For me, as already stated my the starter of this thread, the decision would come down to wheather or not NC is crucial or not?.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back