Sony MDR-XB950BT vs. Sony MDR1RBT
Dec 21, 2014 at 9:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

bors

New Head-Fier
As the tittle suggests, I am looking for a comparison between the MDR-XB950BT vs. MDR1RBT.
Don't know anything about sound quality, was thinking of getting the new Beats wireless. But have decided to go with Sony. Not sure if thats the right decision, but from what I saw online Sony has very solid products.

So basically, I am looking for Bluetooth headphones, that would work with my Mac and i devices. I do like my base, again don't know anything about this stuff. Just as long as there is more base, but it doesn't sound awful in case I listen to another genre of music which is less demanding in that aspect. Which I sometimes do.
Mostly will be using them around home, maybe even with my TV for late night watching.

I would really appreciate any recommendations that will help me decide between these two models?

Thank you.

Dec 22, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #2 of 2
I currently have the XB950 and you can read some of my impressions of it on the main thread. I've owned the Md1r before.

Basically the 950 will do bass better than the 1r. It is much cheaper but really well built and the Bluetooth well implemented.

The md1r is more suitable to a range of genres but imo if you are going Bluetooth you are going to take some hit in sound quality. Go with the 950. The extra money you save can go towards a complimentary phone for non bass genres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back