Sony MDR-XB50: All of your basses...all of them.
May 27, 2020 at 1:49 AM Post #93 of 93
Those sound interesting. I have had the opportunity to test the Grado SR-80 once in a noisy store for about 15 minutes (always the best way to experience headphones), and found them to be pretty nice. I've always been wary of most Sony products (especially TVs) since they always seem to die within months of the warranty ending. After a plethora of bad apples, countered by my PS VITA experience, which has been perfect...PERFECT...I decided to try some more Sony products, starting with the ZX302s, followed by the XB50s.

The XB50s are impressive when it comes to price, build quality, presence (I think they are butt ugly, but they definitely attract attention), and bass. I certainly recommend them, but not to someone who wants more than just bass. If I had the chance to spend a week with them before picking them up, or could have returned them, they would not be in my IEM stable right now. They just don't fit with my preferred sound signature, which seems to be fairly balanced with a propensity for mids and highs.

The AKG 512 mkii with a bit of treble dialed out is a fantastic headphone. The NarMoo S1 is also a good representation of what I enjoy in an IEM. The XB50 is nothing like either of these :p
which would you recommend that are balanced and for simmilar price point? idk why sony doesnt make a balanced series of earphones that are of this quality but instead gets the extra bass one which i dont need.

I want something balanced and not crazy bass.are the cx300 ii better than these sony ones?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back