Sony MDR V700DJ vs. Sennheiser HD215
Jan 10, 2010 at 3:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

whiteleaf

100+ Head-Fier
Alright so I'm looking for a solid pair of DJ headphones in this price range
0< x <110
and from quick research and reviews these two (Sony MDR V700DJ vs. Sennheiser HD215) seem pretty fitting. Just looking for some opinions on what you all think I should choose, and if there are others out there.

What I can figure so far about the Sony is that they break kinda easily and are bit small/tight on the ear (the tight part isn't a big deal). With the Senns I can't find anything wrong other than the bass is a tad bit weak.
Suggestions: Prefered Circumaural, under $110

(I was kinda thinking about the Pioneer HDJ-1000 DJs because I can't find anyting too bad about them, but they are a bit outta price range. If you think they're better or best then please lemme know, I might be able to find em cheaper)

Thanks everyone

Jan 10, 2010 at 3:30 AM Post #3 of 5
Retail $150, but yeah i can get them under 110 on amazon (like 90). I guess i just sorta over-looked them. I did just do quick research, I guess I should try to find a word other than "research" that's how short it was. Are they better?

Jan 10, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #5 of 5
Yea about the bass, supposed to be weak.
the K81s are supposed to be good but seem a bit small, and I have listened with the Shures before, didn't like them that much, at least not enough to own a pair.

What about:
Technics RP-DH1200
Pioneer SE-DJ5000
Stanton DJ PRO 3000

and based on the bad rap the sonys are getting, Im might be just forgetting about them, it seems to be quite the hate headphone here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back