Sony MDR-V6's
Nov 11, 2002 at 7:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

airrob

New Head-Fier
How much of a pain in the ass is the coiled cord?

How good would they sound un-amped?

Are they better or worse than the Sennheiser HD-280s?

Nov 11, 2002 at 7:44 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally posted by airrob
How much of a pain in the ass is the coiled cord?

How good would they sound un-amped?

Are they better or worse than the Sennheiser HD-280s?

I can answer the first two questions:

1. The cord really isn't a pain for me, when i use them on the go, i hold the cord between my index and middle finger half way. It's also a very soft coiled cord, albeit a bit heavy so it feels like its pulling down on the left side a bit if you wear them loosely.

2. They sound great un-amped, i used them all the time with my various minidisc players and pcdp's.

Nov 11, 2002 at 8:05 AM Post #3 of 3
3. It depends. I thought the 280s were better balanced (usually a top priority to me), with bigger imaging, but were lacking in dynamics, had a plasticky high-end, and flat upper bass, all of this resulting in a sound that was somewhat incoherent & strange compared to what I'm used to. I would order both and return or sell the one I didn't like. I like and think the V6s are better, even with all their stand out colorations like the somewhat spiky & grainy upper mids/lower treble and recessed mids. tHe 280s isolate a little more & are more comfortable with circum. pads, though. The build quality is better on the V6 - thicker plastic with metal adjustment bar. Also the V6s are less bulky when folding for storage or transport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back