Sony MDR-V6s alternatives?
Sep 22, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #48 of 50
On the Sonic Sense videos, they are just not accurate. They give you an idea somewhat, but not the whole picture. The audio files are ruined in the video compression even if you have the video playing at the highest setting.

Sonic Sense has a soundcloud page I believe and another website where you can hear the audio files they recorded in better quality. These files are better representative of how the headphones sound. Not perfect but better than the videos.

In those files you will notice that the M40x has less dynamics, less sub bass, and less definition than the original file. It's still tonally very close, but it's not how the video presents their sound where it's almost indistinguishable from the original recordings.

They are still very good headphones, but those videos really mislead many people!

Sep 22, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #49 of 50
On the Sonic Sense videos, they are just not accurate. They give you an idea somewhat, but not the whole picture. The audio files are ruined in the video compression even if you have the video playing at the highest setting.

Sonic Sense has a soundcloud page I believe and another website where you can hear the audio files they recorded in better quality. These files are better representative of how the headphones sound. Not perfect but better than the videos.

In those files you will notice that the M40x has less dynamics, less sub bass, and less definition than the original file. It's still tonally very close, but it's not how the video presents their sound where it's almost indistinguishable from the original recordings.

They are still very good headphones, but those videos really mislead many people!

Understood :) Though since I can't really get my hands on a pair to try (Long and McQuade doesn't carry a pair :frowning2: ), I just wanted to make sure it doesn't have a grossly overbearing bottom end.

Since overall, it seems like a better headphone than the 7506s. Just iffy on the sound sig.

Sep 22, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #50 of 50
Understood
smily_headphones1.gif
Though since I can't really get my hands on a pair to try (Long and McQuade doesn't carry a pair
frown.gif
), I just wanted to make sure it doesn't have a grossly overbearing bottom end.

Since overall, it seems like a better headphone than the 7506s. Just iffy on the sound sig.

It's  a different sound sig for sure, but you definitely don't have to worry about the bass over powering the other frequencies.

BTW, it sounds like you went down there. Did you audition any other headphones while there? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back