Sony MDR-V6 vs Sony MDR-7506 for music production on FL Studio 11
Aug 9, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #18 of 29
Glad they have a coiled cable, however as for the build quality the same was said for the Shure SRH-440's. I can't take that chance.
Also I'm not rough on my headphones by ANY stretch.
I'd also prefer something portable as I'm getting into DJ'ing, hence the V6/7506.

Aug 9, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #22 of 29
Glad they have a coiled cable, however as for the build quality the same was said for the Shure SRH-440's. I can't take that chance.
Also I'm not rough on my headphones by ANY stretch.
I'd also prefer something portable as I'm getting into DJ'ing, hence the V6/7506.

The build quality is superior to the 440.  Still no can, metal or plastic is impervious to kittens chewing cable and wires.

Above the 7510 is the metal Sony MDR-CD900st import--better sound and construction, but more money & not as comfortable for longer sessions.

Aug 10, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #23 of 29
Wow O_o
Did you compare the two side by side? Also, if these aren't portable, fold-up cans, would the V6/7506 be competitive? Sorry for harping on the two but it just seems the V6/7506 fit my criteria.

Aug 10, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #24 of 29
Wow O_o
Did you compare the two side by side? Also, if these aren't portable, fold-up cans, would the V6/7506 be competitive? Sorry for harping on the two but it just seems the V6/7506 fit my criteria.

I own both the 7510 and 900ST--if those are the two to which you refer above.  Neither fold up. 

I don't understand your question about being competitive.  If you mean sound signature and quality for studio work and neutrality, then I like the 7510 better and the 900ST much better than current/recent production V6 and 7506.  If you mean comparative features, then that's your call for your specific intended use and preferences.

Aug 10, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #25 of 29
Interesting, this is a hard one.
So portability or sound, features or quality.
The reason why this decision is so complicated for me is because a priority for me is build quality.
That's the big thing and now, I'm struggling with what's most important, the build quality, or the sound quality.
Really wouldn't appreciate another SRH-440 experience; excellent sound, abysmal construction.

Aug 10, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #26 of 29
The reason why this decision is so complicated for me is because a priority for me is build quality.
That's the big thing and now, I'm struggling with what's most important, the build quality, or the sound quality.
Really wouldn't appreciate another SRH-440 experience; excellent sound, abysmal construction.

Aug 10, 2014 at 3:02 AM Post #28 of 29

As I haven't done any DJing since the classic rock era (and not much then) when headphones played only a limited, if any, role, I can't tell you about durability for that use.

I suspect you need to talk to other DJ's and ask them for a can that is neutral, durable in the context of what you/they do and falls within your budget.  For what it's worth, my best guess about this is the studio oriented 900ST (if you are OK that it does not fold up or go flat to be around your neck) or the plastic but comfortable, versatile and durable (at least for other uses) KRK KNS 8400.

Aug 10, 2014 at 3:37 AM Post #29 of 29
Alright. I am curious though about the lack of manufacturing consistency about the V6 or the 7506, I'm seeing more and more frequent reviews of people buying these headphones and having them sound like night and day when compared. The CD900ST, I'm a fair bit surprised they don't fold up, and as for the 7510 I'm not sure they could a whole heck of a lot of abuse.
So.............I guess this is inconclusive? One thing that impressed me greatly about the 7510 is the frequency response, 10-22 KHz vs 5-40 KHz, but again, IMHO, build quality is in the V6/7506's favor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back