Sony MDR-V6 or MDR-V600 for use with laptop and iPod
Aug 17, 2004 at 6:48 PM Post #2 of 7
I have no experience of those, but V600 is usually considered as "V-crap" here while the V6 is recommended quite often
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 17, 2004 at 6:57 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by bombboyer
See title please. I can't decide between the MDR-V6's and the MDR-V600's. What's the difference? Which are more comfortable?

They're completely different headphones. The MDR-V600's should be avoided, since they sound a lot worse than their price would indicate. They sounded hollow, boxy, muddy and tinny all at once. Even their lowest discounted price that you'll find over the 'Net is still way too high for the sound quality that they deliver - in fact, they aren't worth even half of that discounted price!

The MDR-V6's, though better, are not for everyone's tastes (I know, the grating highs from the MDR-V6's are the biggest failing of those cans - but the bass can be a bit sloppy to some listeners).

Aug 17, 2004 at 9:15 PM Post #6 of 7
do a search on my v600 character assasination thread. they suck. if you are getting either, get V6.

Aug 17, 2004 at 9:16 PM Post #7 of 7
V6's are a very good set of cans and they are very comfortable too, even more if you replace the stock pads with Beyer ones. I highly recommend them, even more since you'll be using them with your iPod (most likely on the go) since they can fold and are easily carried arround.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back