Sony MDR-V6 or AKG K81DJ
Sep 30, 2009 at 8:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

cudakite

New Head-Fier
Sorry in advance. I’m a noob. And as such it would seem I am compelled by noob nature to make a ‘VS’ thread.

Here’s my deal:
I’m looking for <$100 cans to use at work (tight cubical layout with low partition walls). So avoiding sound leakage is VERY important so as to not be a nuisance to my neighbors. My sound source is a Sony Walkman Digital Media Player. My current headphones are Bose around-ear Triports that are falling apart.
After reading countless amazon reviews I was all set to purchase a set of Sony MDR-V6s and a Fiio E5 amp. Just as it seemed my mind was made up, I stumbled across this lovely knowledgeable community and learned about the AKG K81 DJ phones… dang it. Now I’m not so sure.

To the point:
Does anyone have experience listening to both of these? Can anyone offer their impressions and or preferences concerning the two?
As far as personal preference goes, I thought the Bose sounded just ok, not what I was expecting for the $. They sounded almost bland. I’m hoping for something a little more lively. Not sure if that means I want more bass or more treble, but I want more something…

Thanks in advance,
-Brian

P.S. I used the search feature but didn’t find a thread directly comparing these two phones. Sorry if I missed something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back