Sony MDR-V6/7506 Headband Readjustments
Nov 6, 2002 at 2:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

kerelybonto

doo-di-doo-di-dum doo-di-dum doo-di-doo-di-dum
Those of you who revere your headphones more than I do mine won't have tried bending the headband on your MDR-V6/7506 all out of shape trying to get a better fit. That's very fortunate, because now you can help me bend mine back how they were.

In case you haven't noticed, the aluminum height-adjustment strip that slides into the headband is very malleable. It's possible to give the headband all sorts of different shapes by playing with it a bit. Unfortunately, though it's fun, it doesn't really go anywhere, at least for my head. The original fit was much better than what I ended up with. Unlike Grado, Sony seems to have some real pros in the headband department. (I love you guys! Keep up the good work!)

The point of this rambling post -- will one of you post a picture of your MDR-V6/7506 with the aluminum adjustment piece fully extended so I can look at its curvature and readjust my headphones? I'd prefer pictures from someone with a small head, since those of you with big heads will have unwittingly bent the aluminum anyway. So no big head pictures!

Thanks much.

kerely

Nov 6, 2002 at 8:13 PM Post #2 of 3
Well okay then. Apparently the 1500 people on Head-Fi with both the MDR-V6 and a digicam are busy at the moment. ...

... I seem to have figured it out for the most part -- but I put a lot more bend in to them than I remember there being. Of course, my memory isn't that good since I use them at the smallest adjustment, so I never actually see the metal part.

By the way, have any of you ever opened up the headband and size adjustment portions? There's actually a small bearing sitting on a spring that seems to be fairly useless -- I have a feeling Sony doesn't include these kinds of extra-quality parts anymore. ...

kerely

Jan 6, 2003 at 3:20 AM Post #3 of 3
you mean like this:

v6.jpg

PM me if you need more detailed pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back