Sony MDR-V6 $54.99 @ shop-volley.com.
Aug 18, 2013 at 7:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

bluecollar

New Head-Fier
Website contact info is: 710 McNeil Dr, Dothan, AL 36303-3108,United States plus an email form. Anybody purchased from this seller? Site looks more legit than studiomonitorheadphones.com. I'd like to grab a pair just to compare to my Grado SR-60 but I'm still wary because of the low price. I actually put a pair in the shopping cart and clicked Paypal to check out. The purchase total was $54.99 USD & on the left-hand side of the Paypal page above Order Summary was the following: zhangbonanza@gmail.com. Then my skeptical side kicked in & I opted out for now at least. 

Aug 18, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #2 of 7
P.S. - Did a little digging around & it appears shop-volley.com and best-accessories.com are one in the same. The latter doesn't list an address in the Contact us information (only email form) but it does provide a phone # at the top of its home page: 1-888-841-8093.

Aug 18, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #3 of 7
Amazon sold the V6 for about $50 during Thanksgiving weekend last year.  I can't speak for the outfit you mention one way or the other, but $54.99 is not out of the realm of realistic pricing for the V6.

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #4 of 7
It's a scam! I saw the same deal on the same site (shop-volley.com) and did my research (and found your post).

In the contact section it says :
"Shop & Volley
710 McNeil Dr, Dothan, AL 36303-3108,United States."
But Shop and Volley is actually a sport shop with the internet site shopandvolley.com.
Also as you navigate to "conditions of use" section and then change the language to spanish, you get the conditions of use for "mini9ssd.com". Looked for some reviews of that site and came upon this "webutation.net/go/review/mini9ssd.com". Here is one of the review found on this site :

"DO NOT USE!!! This seller is fraudulent. The headphones I received are most certainly fakes, and having asked for my money back they told me to send them to an address in Beijing, not an American company! I am so certain that these are fakes I will be talkingto the police, and I will definitely not be sending them back, I am sure I won't get my money back. This site should be given a 0% review, and come with a warning not to be used! ".

It's a no no!

Nov 11, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #5 of 7
thanks for heads up.
I have emailed them TWICE...asking if the MDRV6 are refurbished (because of low price) and they have never responded.
That's a major red flag.
ronee

Nov 11, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #6 of 7
  thanks for heads up.
I have emailed them TWICE...asking if the MDRV6 are refurbished (because of low price) and they have never responded.
That's a major red flag.
ronee

Pay attention to Amazon.com during Thanksgiving weekend ... you may find them for the same price or less.

Nov 19, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #7 of 7
This site is TOTALLY a scam.

11-07-2013 I ordered the Sony mdr v700 headphones, as of today 11-19-2013 I have still not received them and frankly don't expect nor do I expect a refund.

Several e-mails, starting with "...your order has been shipped..."  to "...we will refund your account next week". The e-mail was from someone named "ruth" who couldn't spell or put a lucid sentence together is she tried.
The e-mail confirming my order for $66.65 was from "ruth" but the web site was "shop-volley" (notice the hypen in place of the "&" sign).
After this long of a wait and all the lame excuses, I've resigned myself to not getting either the headphones nor a refund. It's now become an obsession to track these scamers and find a way to put them out of business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back