Sony MDR-SA5000 & Fubar 4+ Burn in...
Mar 23, 2010 at 10:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

hagatha

New Head-Fier
Greetings,

I have just received my first set of quality headphones and the amp... My last set of headphones was a set of Pioneer Studio Monitors (circa 1972). They still sound great for a closed HP...

So far I'm really impressed with the huge sound stage and their clarity. I've re-burned some of my favorite CD's to 320 & FLAC to try them out too... I'll report back in a few days with my opinion of them as a pair...

hagatha

Mar 24, 2010 at 5:11 AM Post #2 of 4
Glad you like them. I'd love to have a pair of SA5000's but my wallet has objections. I'd love to hear impressions on them. Enjoy!

Mar 24, 2010 at 3:03 PM Post #3 of 4
I am glad to see that you found a pair of headphones that you are happy with.

I have had my sa5ks for about three weeks now and I am loving them. I let them burn-in for two hours before I first gave them a listen and they sounded very good. I have left them in my second stereo system to burn-in over the last three weeks and they have gotten smoother sounding with even and deep bass,slightly forward but very smooth and resolved mids,and clear unetched nongritty highs with great extension. The soundstage has seemed to grow in size from my initial listening.

These seem to have mixed reviews around here so I don't know if I just got lucky or if Sony has changed anything but they have sounded very good from the beginning and have only gotten better. I haven't tried them with anything portable yet but they have sounded great with everything I have paired them with so far.
beerchug.gif

Mar 24, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #4 of 4
Enjoy and write progress reports from time to time. Sounds like mentionin' this place wasn't such a bad idea after all. :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back