Sony MDR-R10 versus L3000, W5000, etc. (photo)
Jun 2, 2008 at 2:58 PM Post #181 of 196
Quote:

Originally Posted by HugoFreire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are those pictures mirrored??

I'm seeing two of almost everything!
tongue.gif

I'm afraid that is half of his collection
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2008 at 3:03 PM Post #182 of 196
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Elephas, those pics hurt my feelings
frown.gif

How do you think I feel? I wish I had never found this site.

OK, this post is the last time I will ever post any pics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akabeth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if you've posted a pic of your setup in that thread at the member's lounge section?

I've posted in the Stax thread, this is my primary setup, notice which one is on the "throne."
wink.gif

Top5.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are the W5000s worth balancing?

I wouldn't know, I haven't heard a balanced amp yet. I've been waiting for a SinglePower amp to be upgraded since Aug. 2007.

Quote:

Are those pictures mirrored??

I'm seeing two of almost everything!
tongue.gif

This one is for you!

Duplication.jpg

Jun 2, 2008 at 3:11 PM Post #183 of 196
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
H

Please don't stop
smily_headphones1.gif
I enjoy these beautiful pictures immensely
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: If you stop I will run out of new pictures for my desktop wallpaper:p

Jun 2, 2008 at 4:04 PM Post #184 of 196
* Shakes head to 'Elephas' *

You're one "crazy" headphone collector.
wink.gif

Jun 2, 2008 at 11:30 PM Post #186 of 196
Quote:

I don't believe you. When you get the P-01/D-01 or dCS stack...
veryevilsmileyvi9.gif

Jun 2, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #188 of 196
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Listen to it again. Beside the Qualia, I can't recall any headphone that has more resolution than the R10s. Another great quality of the R10 is its ability to give a sense of space and air on every instrument.

I agree with Purk. I owned all three of those cans and sold the L3000s and W5000s. The R10 does have a tremendous amount of detail and air around each instrument. It also has an amazing sound stage. IMHO, unmatched in anything I owned thus far
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 3, 2008 at 12:29 AM Post #189 of 196
Quote:

This one is for you!

Duplication.jpg

if your headphone budget is as large as your wife's shoe budget then i'm afraid of seeing her shoe collection. somehow i keep seeing images of imelda marcos' closet...

Jun 3, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #191 of 196
LOL... sell me half of your collection, I'll offer you a good price.
wink.gif

And the best part: you will miss nothing!

Do your R10s sound the same? Does both have the same drivers?

Jun 3, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #192 of 196
Quote:

Originally Posted by penger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are the ATH's in the middle W2002's?

Those are the W11JPNs.

See the pics below for my W2002.

IMG_0285-1.jpg

IMG_0293-1.jpg

Some W11JPN with DHA3000 shots

IMG_1836.jpg

IMG_1829.jpg

Jun 3, 2008 at 9:53 AM Post #194 of 196
Quote:

Originally Posted by wrecked_porsche /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Elephas, you're my hero!

I think I heard the L3000 stored in the closet call out "wrecked ferrari" recently.
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't believe you. When you get the P-01/D-01 or dCS stack...

Gaaargh! Noooo! I'm still trying to recover from hearing a dCS Puccini a few months ago. That was a big mistake. I'll stay ignorant from now on and be happy. The motto of Team Source First should be "Ignorance = Bliss."

Quote:

Originally Posted by riceboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree with Purk. I owned all three of those cans and sold the L3000s and W5000s. The R10 does have a tremendous amount of detail and air around each instrument. It also has an amazing sound stage. IMHO, unmatched in anything I owned thus far
smily_headphones1.gif

Purk is really crazy, crazier than I am, but his opinions are usually reasonably accurate.
cool.gif

The R10's details, air and soundstage are superb. Midrange is another strength. I think the W5000 can be somewhat competitive, though, with some very well-mastered tracks and specific type of music. The L3000 is seemingly not as detailed as the R10 or W5000 and has less air and a smaller soundstage. But its strengths are in different areas, such as sense of weight, body, bass quality and bass quantity.

Quote:

Do your R10s sound the same? Does both have the same drivers?

One has more bass. The other one, with less bass, has a better midrange and a bit larger soundstage.

Female vocals on the less-bass R10 sounds incredible. Smooth, textured, and full of life and presence. But it lacks weight and bass, exactly the areas where the L3000 is strongest.

Jun 3, 2008 at 3:48 PM Post #195 of 196
Quote:

Purk is really crazy, crazier than I am, but his opinions are usually reasonably accurate.
cool.gif

The R10's details, air and soundstage are superb. Midrange is another strength. I think the W5000 can be somewhat competitive, though, with some very well-mastered tracks and specific type of music. The L3000 is seemingly not as detailed as the R10 or W5000 and has less air and a smaller soundstage. But its strengths are in different areas, such as sense of weight, body, bass quality and bass quantity.

One has more bass. The other one, with less bass, has a better midrange and a bit larger soundstage.

Female vocals on the less-bass R10 sounds incredible. Smooth, textured, and full of life and presence. But it lacks weight and bass, exactly the areas where the L3000 is strongest.

Elephas,

I think your opinion on the R10 and several of your highend dynamics will change after your Supra XLR arrives. I hope Mikhail can deliver this fine amp to you soon. IMO, OII+KGSS is not even as good as a stock SDS+L3000.
cool.gif

BTW, I'm in no way crazier than you are. Though I owned 3 pairs of R10 in the past, but I did sell two of them. You on the other hand own two R10s, L3000s, and Omega Is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back