Sony MDR-Q66LW VS. KSC-35
Sep 28, 2004 at 2:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Audio Wasabi

New Head-Fier
OK, I know the KSC-35s are pretty much the best sounding clip out there (any better?). But see, I already have the Portapros. Also, I'll be listening to mostly audiobooks and NPR on these next set of cans. And the Sonys seem to have some terrific design features like the wind-up, cloth covered cord. The cord can be set to a particular length and my iRiver IMP-550 prefers straight plugs.

Basically, do the Sony MDR-Q66LWs suck SOOO BAD that it's not worth the convenience and style?

p.s. you can see the Sonys here:
http://www.audiocubes.com/product_in...4ab6445c837ee9

Sep 28, 2004 at 2:29 AM Post #3 of 9
Thanks for the quick response! The ATH-EM7s do look damn cool. However, like I said I own the Portapros and I really like them. I fear they have irreversibly made me into a Basshead
basshead.gif
and the ATHs are known to be bass lite.

Also, you gotta love the wind-up concept on the Sonys, right?

Sep 28, 2004 at 2:53 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darius94523
If those clips are the same as the older ones, say 2002-2003, they suck. I used to own a pair and they were horrible.

The Sony's or Koss's?

Sep 28, 2004 at 3:14 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darius94523
If those clips are the same as the older ones, say 2002-2003, they suck. I used to own a pair and they were horrible.

I had the same pair (really brings me back to my pre-elightenment days. :p) and I agree, they totally blew, the KSC-35's will no doubt be better. (Although I haven't personally heard them myself.)

(Bolt San - Folsom eh? You're just a hop skip and jump away.
biggrin.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back