Sony MDR-NC10/20
Aug 19, 2001 at 6:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

FrostyMMB

500+ Head-Fier
What does anyone know about these international 'phones? I've heard of them and seen pictures, and apparently the NC10s are earbuds equipped with microphones to monitor outside noises, since they're noise cancelling. Otherwise, is there anything special about the sound of these two?

Aug 19, 2001 at 6:30 AM Post #2 of 8
I've owned the entire Sony NC series before...and sold them all quite promptly once I heard my first pair of Grados. You're MUCH better off with either the Sony EX-70s or the Etymotics for noise cancelling, and they certainly both sound WAY better. For sheer noise cancelling nothing will probably beat the NC-10s given how massive their plugs are for the ear, but we're talking a bass thumping that'd make any teenager with a modified Honda Civic + dual 15" subs cringe and step around with respect. The whole NC series is for dum-basses really soundwise.

Aug 19, 2001 at 7:35 AM Post #3 of 8
Interesting. The reason that I asked is that I noticed that a pair of NC10s are going for $280 on ebay! (
eek.gif
) After I saw that I noticed that they go for $130 at online stores.

Aug 19, 2001 at 2:02 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by FrostyMMB
Interesting. The reason that I asked is that I noticed that a pair of NC10s are going for $280 on ebay! (
eek.gif
) After I saw that I noticed that they go for $130 at online stores.

And Sony's MSRP of those NC10s is only $200! What the ****** is going on with the eBay poster's pricing of the NC10s? Or was the bidding for the NC10s allowed to go that ********* high? (
mad.gif
)

Aug 19, 2001 at 5:28 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

And Sony's MSRP of those NC10s is only $200! What the ****** is going on with the eBay poster's pricing of the NC10s? Or was the bidding for the NC10s allowed to go that ********* high? ()

Sadly, the item was posted at $0.50 for the first bid, and no reserve! It's the bidder's mistake...

Aug 19, 2001 at 10:40 PM Post #8 of 8
Yeah, I wasn't considering getting these, but rather just wondering why the hell someone would pay $280 for them. I'm not a fan of earbuds or noise cancellation; I'll just take closed if I need any isolation.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back