sony mdr-ex85 'half in ear' style iem's
Jan 17, 2011 at 3:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Timmac

New Head-Fier
Owned a pair of sony mdr-ex85's for a while now, but my phone nuked one of them today by deciding to play 'choons at full volume as soon as I pugged them in :)

The reason I used these was mainly because of the style- I cannot fit normal 'barrel' iems into my ear, at least not without compleatly sacrificing bass. These, however worked wonderfully, and I got tones of bass from them.

I was just wondering if there were any wildly better iems that have this style out there? or if there are any others that might fit in my ears, I think the shure design would work too. It's basically just the fact that it's angled at a 45 degree angle, this image explains well-

Anyway, thanks guys! would love to hear if any of you have any solutions to my problem!

Jan 17, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #2 of 2
There's quite a few IEMs that use that style. Off the top of my head - Yamaha EPH-20/EPH-50, Phiaton PS 20 / PS 210, one of the atomic floyd models, bunch of Sony buds. I would guess that ergonomic-style models (like the Westone 1 and Soundmagic PL50) would fit you as well. The new Meelec CW-31 might be of interest too:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back