Sony MDR EX750AP is it Audiophiles standard?
Oct 8, 2016 at 1:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Sudarshan0564

New Head-Fier
I have ordered a pair of Sony MDR EX750ap High Res Headphone. It costs $104USD, (6990 INR). So anybody have any experiences with this sony product? Is it good enough for audiophiles?

Oct 8, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #2 of 5
I don't have any experience with those IEMs, but I don't think the question is if it is good enough for audiophiles but if you like them.

People may have different opinions on various headphones. Just like how I really like the Beyerdynamic T1's, but I've read reviews where the person really doesn't care for them.

So at the end of the day, if you like them, then just be happy with what you got. It doesn't hurt to explore other options though haha (excluding your wallet).

Oct 8, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #3 of 5
Yeah, that's a fact. but I've never bought a audiophile headphone in my life. Never heard in Hi Res Headphone. I have a pair of Yamaha Studio Monitors for mixing purpose in Studio. And a Sony MDR EX150AP for Mobile Phone Music Listening.. (Not Hi Res Headphone, just for 320kbps 16bit 44.1khz).
I ordered this earbud.. but there is not a single thread about this in ear. That's why I am confused.

Oct 12, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #4 of 5
They are very good for price, bass is punchie, vocal are great and treble have it right sparkle and lot of micro details.

is true to it claim "support Hi-res audio", the down side it sound too thin for me, about average soundstage, otherwise well done sony.

I can see potentail issue with cable thought, but afterall it a better all-rounder than im70 if you ask.

Apr 16, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #5 of 5
Recessed mids, booming bass. Treble seemed okay. Not sure how efficient they are, because I needed to turn up the volume just to hear the vocals properly, but then everything else was too loud. The sound also seemed distant, where I wasn't getting a good stereo effect in my head, instead I felt like I was listening to two speakers in my ears. Tried the different tips, but that didn't help with any of the problems. Also, fresh out of the box the L connector was slightly flaky in the jack. These would be fine for the dollar store, otherwise pass.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back