Sony MDR EX650AP vs soundmagic E10c vs B&O H3

Sound quality?

• Total voters
Jun 25, 2018 at 12:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Alfa Mahendra

New Head-Fier
Hello,
I need your advice guys. I will buy an earphone. And the options is (you can read it in title).
sony ex650ap won the whathifi award. but was replaced by soundmagic e10c in the following years. so which one should I take.
My music taste is pop, classic, anything that can take place in my heart, and some heavy bass music (that's why I'm still considering sony, some say sony has a great performance in the bass sector)
fortunately, a store near my house gave me a special discount on B&O H3. just for me. Because I'm friends with the owner. so I can put this premium earphones into a budget battle.

My main target is the sound quality, the balance between bass and clarity. the strongest choice is on H3, but reviewers say the bass is a bit disappointing. other factors (built quality, weight,.....) can be ignored.

ok thank you for reading my long post. please help friends

Jun 26, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #5 of 11
Of those you list, my preference is for the E10C (haven't heard the H3 yet, though). The E10C is just a really good sounding IEM. If isolation is good, the bass is really solid. A terrific IEM at its price-point.
You said "if isolation is good, the bass is really solid". So the e10c isolation is not good? and I had to buy a better eartip for better isolation, for a more solid bass?

Jun 26, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #6 of 11
You said "if isolation is good, the bass is really solid". So the e10c isolation is not good? and I had to buy a better eartip for better isolation, for a more solid bass?
No. What I meant was, it is incumbent on we the listener to ensure an excellent fit and therefore excellent isolation when wearing IEM's. You may need to play with tips (tip rolling) in order to achieve best fit. Once that is accomplished, the bass is terrific. That's what I meant.

Jun 27, 2018 at 12:43 AM Post #7 of 11
No. What I meant was, it is incumbent on we the listener to ensure an excellent fit and therefore excellent isolation when wearing IEM's. You may need to play with tips (tip rolling) in order to achieve best fit. Once that is accomplished, the bass is terrific. That's what I meant.
Ok. I think I'll try the e10c. thank you for your advice

Jul 7, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #9 of 11
OK. I have bought e10c and the sound quality shocked me. very impressive. but "s" and "c" in vocal make the treble sound a bit sharp in my ears. Can be tolerated because it only happens in some songs

and a few days later, my brother gave me JBL UA WIRELESS as a gift. the sound quality is almost the same as e10c, but with more bass.

My conclusion:
E10C is really great for the price you pay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back