Sony MDR-EX500LP
Jun 29, 2009 at 3:19 PM Post #16 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwang411 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But honestly, i think if you already own EX300, u might as well take a bigger step up and get the ex700
wink.gif

Your right and I did. UGGH! A step backward in my opinion. Recently I was fortunate to email to a Japaneese fellow about them, after finding him on a Japaneese web site. He claims that the EX700LP's were engineered and made way ahead of the EX500LP's. What they learned from the sound success from the engineering of the EX300LP's which was taken to even further heights with the EX500LP's, the 500's just might have been denoted as the "top of the line" with different numbering of course, rather than the 700's. And according to the ears of the masses of Japaneese people buying them all, the 500's are "top O line", as far as they are concerened.
Why did not Sony just then make the 500's, lets say EX800LP's? Well it it therorized by this gentleman that by engineerings end of the 500's the economic slump was well underway. This sound and it's current street prices would make people "sit up and listen" to Sony. And it's abundant sales would carry them through (by volume) till better times hit again. So they let it ride "as is".
However that is just how one Japaneese person asseses the story.
I broke in the EX700LP's for 48 hours at 75% volume on a diet of 70's rock n roll. It made a huge difference to the better. However they are still not to my likeing. Anybody want to buy a slightly used pair of EX700LP's for $180 shipped?
confused_face.gif

Jul 28, 2009 at 2:21 PM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwang411 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my EX500 for about $83 USD there, and I find I like them more than my C751 and FX500

That seems kind of bizarre. I really like my ex300s, but they don't really touch the fx500, which isn't so much different as just having a similar sound but doing it better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back