Sony MDR-E888LP at Ebay, genuine??
Aug 31, 2007 at 6:47 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Watashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, they are real. Make sure you buy from best-e-bay-sell though... They ship from China (perhaps from the factory...) and take about 2 weeks to reach here.

This might sound paranoid, but are you best-e-bay-sell? Just suspicious of a junior member knowing so much about these
redface.gif

Aug 31, 2007 at 8:01 PM Post #17 of 20
You should get PK2 instead of E-888. E-888 has no soundstage.

Aug 31, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #18 of 20
Best-e-bay is where I got my E888's recently. Please bear in mind that I have a original pair from several years ago, purchased in an airport shop. My original pair are black and silver, made in Japan and are in fact long corded, the paper filters are removed as a simple but effective mod. I have to say the service from best-e-bay was very good and when I queried the build quality they offered to send a replacement for the cost of postage alone. The gold coloured examples I purchased, whether fake or not, should be treated as a cheap headphone, not an E888, just save a little longer and buy a Yuin PK3 perhaps. Just MOH.

Sep 1, 2007 at 4:09 AM Post #19 of 20
when it comes to buying, most of us buy with emotion rather than our head. of course, who can resist a super bargain
smily_headphones1.gif
. we want to believe we got a bargain. we want to believe we got the real thing for less, .. much less, .. how abt much, much less!

someone said 99cents + $8 shipping?!! at such fantastic prices, why dont the (questionable?) seller contact stores like me? they can sell to us at higher prices, and we would have bought a truck load .. IF they were real. so, why didnt they contact us? *think, *think ..

from factory? stolen goods? hmm .. possible.

Sep 29, 2007 at 4:02 AM Post #20 of 20
Hi, I'm a bit late on this. I just bought my LP E888s from this guy in eBay. I know, what a stupid move... but they were $0.99+8.00 shipping, $9 total. Good deal, although more than likely they are fakes. Mine arrived and I'm listening to some music, but it's hard to tell how good they are without comparing them to the real deal.

Is there any way to verify with Sony if the earbuds I bought are fake or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back