Sony MDR-D66SL Eggo GONE!
Oct 27, 2006 at 5:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Kohn

Member of the Trade: Audio Cubes
Many things happen without us noticing it. Just today, we were informed that our beloved (and probably yours too) Sony MDR-D66SL have been discontinued and they are no longer available (at least not in Osaka area). Just so I thought to share with you Eggo fans. The eggo era is now replaced by the Altus. You guys may want to buy whatever D66SL that you can find on the Internet. Cheers.

Oct 27, 2006 at 6:04 AM Post #2 of 4
end of an era.

it definitely appreciates my D66s and D77s all the more. maybe i should hoard a second pair soon...
tongue.gif

Oct 27, 2006 at 6:10 AM Post #3 of 4
been thinking about picking up a pair. I'd better hurry then.
need something more portable, some degree of isolation would be nice.

Oct 27, 2006 at 8:45 AM Post #4 of 4
A couple years ago I was in the market for portable cans, and it was between this and the ATH-FC7s. I chose the latter, but to this day, part of me still wants to buy the Eggos. Do they still have them on Audiocubes?

The Altus's have this stupid gimmick where there's a switch on the cans that lets you alternate between "closed" and "open". I can't possibly see how this could be done right.

EDIT: Wow, Audiocubes is really on the ball; they've already replaced the D66 with the Altus. They still have the D22's though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back