Sony MDR-D66SL Eggo for a newbie?
Apr 2, 2004 at 2:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

CHINABOY1021

100+ Head-Fier
i really like the design of these eggos. ive only read a few reviews and it seems like i can buy an alternative for cheaper. will these d66sl cover my ears full (block outside sound)and fit tightly so they dont fall easily?
i especially like the fact the top "band" part is only 2 thin strips of material, so it wont flatten my hair as much.

is there any other nice looking and sounding portable head phones i can get for 100usd? im not an audiophile btw : )

for my iriver 190t

Apr 2, 2004 at 2:57 PM Post #2 of 6
Your ears kinda scrunch into them and expand. Decent isolation, but not what they're known for. The Eggos fit tight around your head. They fit very tight around your neck.

The E2Cs or ER6s (from iDealSound) also hit all your requirements by being earphones.

Apr 2, 2004 at 3:08 PM Post #3 of 6
wow the e2c and er6 really look promising. thanks.
im currently using these
f_pioneer_secl30.jpg

i dont think its worth upgrading 100usd for something similar (since im not audiophile)

Apr 2, 2004 at 8:46 PM Post #4 of 6
Oh don't worry, those two bands still screw up your hair, believe it or not. Especially since it's a rubber coating on them, they grip the hair and if they happen to move, will make your hair stick up in odd directions, kinda like localized hat hair.

Apr 2, 2004 at 9:51 PM Post #5 of 6
The hair thingy with the Eggos is mostly for guys with short hair. As a female with short hair, I have no problems with the Eggos.

The Eggos will not fall off easily, they have a really comfortable and snug grip on your head. They will cover your ears completely, but they don't block much sound. I agree with the canalphone suggestions, and trust me, it's worth it to upgrade from your EX71 lookalike. You'll be surprised at the difference.

Apr 5, 2004 at 6:34 PM Post #6 of 6
For portable use with portable units, the D66's are perfect... Go get a pair, I promise you won't regret it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back