Sony MDR-CD380?
Nov 26, 2003 at 1:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

shawnbowski

100+ Head-Fier
I have a pair of Sony MDR-CD380's, and i paid $20 bucks for them at circuit city. And at sony's website they listed them for $80 bucks. They sound good for 20 bucks but not 80. Any way the jack broke so i cut the wire, and there are three wires, one with green plastic around it & one with yellow plastic around the other wire, and one wire that has no plastic around it. What i need to know is, what wire is what? And i have a pair of Sony MDR-027 headphones and i want to use the jack off of those headphones for my MDR-CD380's. And the MDR-027's there is four wires with no plastic around it. But one wire is a red color with a white string, the second wire is a green color with a white string, & two others has no plastic, color or white strings around them they look like plane old wires. But i need to know witch wire is what? I need help please!!!
600smile.gif

Nov 26, 2003 at 4:23 PM Post #3 of 7
Take a multimeter and measure the resistance of all possible pair of three wires. One pair of them will show infinite or near-infinite resistance. That pair are the signal wires, the other wire is the ground wire.

Now apply a low signal to the ground wire and one of the other wires. You should hear a sound out of one the speakers. That will tell you which of the pair of signal wires is which.

Nov 26, 2003 at 7:50 PM Post #5 of 7
then you may need to use a 1.5v battery.

since you know that there are only 3 wires, the one wire that is common to both will be the ground wire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back