Sony MDR-CD3000's in Japan???
Oct 5, 2001 at 7:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

gorgon_123

Proud to be a member
Question for y'all who are in the know: if I were to buy the MDR-CD3000's IN Japan, would they be cheaper than buying them in Europe and/or North America?

Reason being: My mother has a good friend who recently moved to Tokyo, so I was wondering if he could buy some stuff for me and ship it on over
smily_headphones1.gif

The cheapest I've found them for online is at DJmart.com who sell 'em for ~$400.

Oct 5, 2001 at 7:55 PM Post #2 of 10
remember some japanese headwizer who said that cd3000 was cheaper than hd600 in Japan. don't remember any prices. try the searchengine at headwize.

Oct 6, 2001 at 8:06 PM Post #4 of 10
You can search for stores at yahoo for Japan. The prices for the 3000 are not that much lower than here. You can get a big price cut on the R10 though. 2500 vs 4000.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 6, 2001 at 8:36 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

You can get a big price cut on the R10 though. 2500 vs 4000

Yeah.. I saw the R10 for $2700US on a Japanese electronics website.

But bootman's right.. I wouldn't expect a huge difference in the CD3000...but hey, it still is cheaper.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 6, 2001 at 9:36 PM Post #6 of 10
hmmm.. talked to my contact in Japan this morning and he said he could get the CD3000's for $290 USD. W/ shipping, taxes, and duty it ends up being about $20 cheaper than DJmart. Maybe I should see if I can pick some up second hand....

ANYWAYS! I am not buying a new pair of headphones right now!! I just can't help planning and plotting my next purchase though... next is a tube amp, then xmas shopping, and only in the new year can I allow myself another pair of cans!!!

Oct 7, 2001 at 5:05 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by gorgon_123

ANYWAYS! I am not buying a new pair of headphones right now!! I just can't help planning and plotting my next purchase though... next is a tube amp, then xmas shopping, and only in the new year can I allow myself another pair of cans!!!

You have to try the 3000. These are pure bliss. I don't even feel ripped off anymore, I am truly in love.

Now my only worry is how long will these pads last, since I plan to keep them forever.
wink.gif

Oct 7, 2001 at 2:15 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by gorgon_123
Beowolf, it pains me to read your words
smily_headphones1.gif

I need more money
wink.gif

Replace "beowolf" with.....jude, MacDEF, chych, dhwilkin, hell, ANY of the forum regulars....yea, even Neruda
evil_smiley.gif
-

and you can apply that statement to my experience with headfize.

rolleyes.gif

Oct 7, 2001 at 3:43 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by beowulf

You have to try the 3000. These are pure bliss. I don't even feel ripped off anymore, I am truly in love.

Now my only worry is how long will these pads last, since I plan to keep them forever.
wink.gif

Listen to this man, he knows what he's talking about.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back